SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Map suggestion for awp sg

Anastasia

Hi there, thank you for taking some time to read this. A common sentiment that is shared by me and many other players in sg awp is that the server is getting dull and repetitive especially for the older folks in the server. For the longest time ever sg awp has been stuck in the same common map pool rotation and this has resulted in players playing lesser or quitting entirely. I believe that the addition of new maps  will bring a fresh change to the community and possibly attract in more players both old and new . As for the maps i suggested below , feasibility of it in a 32 player setting will not be an issue as it has been tried out and done before . Maz pointed out to me before whether the addition of new maps will be given a chance by the community to try and based of the opinions that i have gathered ,majority of the sg awp community wants to see new maps being added so i reckon that people will try the new maps. ( i know that a thread for new maps has just been made  by mr you wot but i wanted to create a somewhat formal post about it)

Map suggestion ( have 2 more in mind but couldnt find the name of it , will ask around and add it below)

-awp_blocks

-awp infinite

-awp_gallery_v1

-awp_batson_dev

+ rep same sentiments made by me in said post. As a old player as well theres many maps ive experienced that are really enjoyable awp maps too.

Map suggestions on top of Anas'

-awp_infinite

-awp_lego_csgo

-awp_lego 2011

-awp_lego 2016

-awp_lego _2015

-awp_lego_fort

-awp lego_8

-awp_dev-galaxy

-awp_ice

-awp_neon (debatable)

-awp_rp94

-awp_roost

-awp_2017

-awp_blocks

-awp_flutter

-awp_CloseQuarters

-awp_Minecraft

plus more that i cant remember now 

edit:huh i repeated some of anas suggestions but that tells you how iconic they are

Edited by You Wot M80808080808080808080808

Hey, in order to implement maps in our AWP servers they must meet a certain criteria. Once they do, they can be passed on to the SG Head Administrator for consideration (and then passed onto the developer for implementation). In order for a map to meet AWP's criteria, it must:

- Be a HDR map. Any LDR maps will not be accepted as these maps can cause users to crash on map change. To check if a map is HDR/LDR, you must load into it and type mat_hdr_enabled. It will then tell you either if HDR is enabled or disabled (if it is disabled, it is an LDR map). 

- Have multiple spawns (more than 30). This will ensure everyone in the server can actually play the map, and not sit in spectator waiting for an empty slot.  

- Be an awp_ map. This is required to work with our game mode.

Even if a map has these factors, it does not guarantee it's implementation. 

Please confirm if the above maps actually meet this criteria, otherwise they will not be taken into consideration. Thank you. 

Management

Discord - Diamond#7161 | Steam - Diiam0nd

Hey, I would be more than happy to consider adding a large variety of new maps to the SG AWP server. As Diamond stated, you need to make sure all maps fill the above criteria. If you have any issues or ideas for other possible things to implement, please contact me on discord.

Thanks, Samuukxs

AIM & SG Manager

Samuukxs#4610

Steam

hi sam n diamond , i have checked hdr for all the suggested maps above and out of all the maps only awp_batson_dev,awp_blocks,awp_lego_2011 and AWP ROOST meet the requirement however i am not too sure on how to check if there r more than 30 spawns (youtube failed me)  but i know that these maps have been played in a 32 player setting before.

Agree.

As far as I know, there was a similar petition to have an active map rotation years ago.. lets make it happen right now.

To elaborate further on points by Anastasia and m8, I propose we should remove maps that have absolutely no relevance / playtime seen on the server. Maps like awp_mapz, awp_vietnam, awp_bridge_winter are just bad maps that see little to no playtime and only clogs up the map voting. Some maps like awp_blocks and awp_infinite that have been play-tested for thousands of hours on plenty of other servers and will definitely fit the criteria(s) mentioned. 

I've been playing this server for years on years now and its clear that 5 maps dominate the server (pretty sure the statistics match up to my claims). Playing vlg, gade, bungalow, fort and india winter exclusively can be a bit on the stale side. +rep for me easily on this thread.

+rep from me. I fully agree with sunny saying that the 5 maps vlg, gade, bungalow, fort and india winter constantly gets cycled when voting for maps which can get abit stale over time. DIamond also stated that a map has to be a HDR map otherwise players will crash upon map change, however, me and many other players have crashed multiple times, more than i can count when a map is changing. 

Could not agree more with Anastasia.  I think we should have new a map. Just drop the other map that no one ever play them. Many of my friends also quit playing kzg awp server because they said they got bored with the voting map that always ends up with bungalow, india winter, arena, gade. Fyi, I love playing these 5 maps constantly. I suggest that we drop the least map that got vote. And build a new one. +rep from cry cry to anas

Hey, we have added the following new maps:

AWP_futurism
AWP_Zeecore_d
AWP_Dream
AWP_Roost_2020
AWP_batson_dev
AWP_lego_2011

We also have removed the following maps:

Awp_bridge_winter
Awp_mapz
Awp_vietnam

Please let us know if there are any issues so we can fix them :)

Thanks, Samuukxs

AIM & SG Manager

Samuukxs#4610

Steam