SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Skill surf map voting adjustment

Mamba Mentality

I know that everyone should have a chance to vote, but in terms of 50-50 how does the voting work? Not sure if there is an algorithm to it, but it does seem by chance. What I'm suggesting is that if it is a 50-50, or something like that in terms of map changes, higher ranked players votes should be worth more than lower ranked players. 

For example:

3 hotshots vote for surf_mesa_revo_go

3 casuals vote for surf_utopia

The system should always priorities the hotshot votes, and so mesa should be selected.

I don't know if there is an algorithm for this or anything, but please let me know if I missed something:)

• 1 month later...

Mamba, the way it actually works is, whichever is voted the quickest is usually the one selected so if 3 people choose Mesa first before the third person picks utopia then Mesa will be selected, it actually has nothing to do with rank :)

6 hours ago, itsEastie said:

Mamba, the way it actually works is, whichever is voted the quickest is usually the one selected so if 3 people choose Mesa first before the third person picks utopia then Mesa will be selected, it actually has nothing to do with rank :)

wow, eastie you are so intelligent!