SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Skill surf Battle of shadows

InMemeWeTrust

Hello! I have a suggestion that could be a fantastic addition to the practice mode or crash and burn cause there is already an easier way.
You are surfing against a shadow player model of your BEST personal best or World record. It would require the player to already completed the map to have a shadow of the personal best ("SOPB"), and that is said to be the same for a world record ("SOWR").

Justification for SOPB/SOWR

1. I justify the addition of a SOPB/SOWR because it is an existing feature in much successful and time trial like games. E.G. Trial series, Mario kart 8, track mania. It has been a proven means to improve a run in a splurge of different games. I can see it being a powerful tool to overthrow Rhea #1 records. 
  2. It will help new players learn the path of a map in real-time and ease them into the concept of surfing. When I observed other newbies play their 1st surf maps, it became a matter of "where do I go?" and "how the fuck does this work?".
  3. It can be customized as a form of incentive for VIPs. Adding decorative trails or lines that follow the SOPB/SOWR. (This feature should be toggleable)
  4. At this time, I can only see it as a practice tool or a complimentary feature with sm_hide (!hide). 
  5. User retention. Have friendly tools towards the new players, increase the chance they will stay and give $$$$ to KZG.

I understand that there will be a limitation to implementing this idea. But imagine practising with checkpoints against your SOPB or SOWR. Sure this idea is redundant to our T3 or higher players... or maybe not.