SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Issue with afk players holding up the skill surf servers

WheelieTron3000

I come on to play at off hours and I'll get stuck in a situation pretty often where there's only one other person in the server and no other players coming in. That other person has gone afk or alt-tabbed or gone to sleep etc. with the game still running so I'll get stuck with no way to change map with a vote. I would like to suggest a change to kick inactive specs after a certain period of time to deal with this, or something along those lines.

Depending on the time, there is normally an admin on who can kick them if they are afk, if u do a !calladmin. However, if its like 4am then understandably there probably won't be admins on to help you kick inactive players in the server.

Oftentimes, afk players are relatively low ranked (rookie, beginner, casual) and are just afk farming crate drops. Maybe if mate votes was only allowed for players above a certain rank/points, similar to KSF, then it could solve this issue.

Depending on the time, there is normally an admin on who can kick them if they are afk, if u do a !calladmin. However, if its like 4am then understandably there probably won't be admins on to help you kick inactive players in the server.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about, aware of the server commands but sometimes it's just late enough that nobody is around to sort the issue out. I don't think restricting vote privileges is the answer as that's just gonna discourage people too much, definitely need to retain as much people as we can since surf has died off a lot over the past 5-6 years. That's why I suggest an auto-kick, if you're speccing getting booted from the server momentarily shouldn't be that big of a deal since you can just rejoin, and it would only happen in those rare times when no input from the player is happening over say 10 minutes or something.