SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

[SKILL SURF] Synth's Moderator Application

Synth

Current Steam Name: Synth
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:56603947
Discord Handle: synth#0400

Description of myself: Hey folks. I'm a software engineer, working full time in the UK, and these days also an avid skill surfer!

I've been playing surf for something like 9 years now, across a good few games - CS 1.6, CS:S, TF2, now CSGO. I used to play mainly combat deathmatch surf, but dropped off when the scene died out. Imagine my happiness to recently discover a _very_ well populated surf server, even if it is skill rather than combat surf :-). I've been playing frequently ever since, but being in an off-TZ (UK), have noticed there's not too much staff presence, and the early hours are often run riot with pretty unpleasant people. I've noticed the "staff wanted" adverts in the chat from time to time, and am applying to hopefully help fill the staffing gap in these hours so that the server is a better place for everyone.

Qualities I can bring to Killzone Gaming: I'm very experienced with community moderation - I used to be an admin on another online community for their surf division (https://xenogamers.com/, unfortunately they died out a couple years ago, and looks like recently the website has stopped loading), have previously run very large (50k+ sub) communities on Reddit, and have also run communities in other games (mainly Minecraft, we had a sandbox server with average ~30 player pop). All that is to say, I'm very used to being an active part of online communities, and also knowing when to step in and apply moderation actions when necessary.

I've also run a number of source servers on my own (mainly gmod - sandbox, focusing on spacebuild), so I'm pretty familiar with the engine and moderation flows (e.g. recording demos).

Contributions I have made towards Killzone Gaming: I'm always helpful when on the server, through things like showing map routes and coaching new players, pointing them to useful commands and keybinds, etc.
I'm also very active and chatty, and have become pretty friendly with a number of other regulars who are usually on when I am.
I do what I can to help point out bad actors - using !calladmin, as well as taking screen recordings and raising support tickets with the recordings and offenders steam IDs in the KZG discord. I know a number of regulars to watch out for bad behavior from, and can recognize the voices of a couple of people who routinely create new accounts when silenced/banned.
I'm also a VIP, though that shouldn't play a part in this application - I do that for the fancy name formatting and paint, not to gain favor :-).

Play time on the server group I am applying for: 4 days 8 hours, according to in game !rank

Vouching staff member/s: Horse to be frank
Vouching player/s: Upu, Elow

I have read and met the application requirements for the server group I am applying for: YES
I have read the Community Rules: YES

Are you currently a staff member of another community: NO,

Edited by Synth
Adding vouching player

• Bot

Hi Synth,

We wish you all the best in your Staff Application!

DO NOT BUMP OR TRY TO GET ANYONE TO READ OR VOUCH ON YOUR APPLICATION.

The Staff Application Process usually takes between 2-3 weeks upon making an application.

- Killzone Gaming Management

Can't edit the original post, but Elow is also a vouching player :).

Edit - I'm a dummy, I was able to edit the original post as well.

Edited by Synth

Haven't necessarily seen you around due to separate time zones.

Hard to judge base of very little interaction with you, but one of skill trial members has you vouched (technically not a staff member). But based of chat logs and previous commban history everything checks out for me.

I wish you best of luck with this application, hope to see you around! But my vote right now is going to be a Neutral stance until I see otherwise.

- Night.

official_night
Steam Community: NightmareOCE

With this strong application, and a history of being a player in good standing on server, using !calladmin appropriately, and even submitting tickets to our discord, I'm very happy to accept this application.
Please DM me on discord at your earliest convenience Skoll#0809.

• Bot

Hi,

It is our pleasure to accept this Application.

Welcome to the Team, please follow the steps sent to you via PM's if you have any problems or further enquiry's please do not hesistate to get in touch with a member of the Senior Staff Team ( one of the following; Head Administrator, Manager, Community Director, Management).

ACCEPTED.

- Killzone Gaming Management