SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

New 1v1 map

panthA

Hey guys!

Over the last few days I've been messing about with the SDK for CS:GO. I'd decided to attempt at making a new 1v1 map that isn't just boxes with boring grass and stone walls. Naga and Tito have been helping me out with suggestions but I wanted to open it up to everyone for feedback. Below are some screenshots of my progress as well as a general layout of what HOPEFULLY it will resemble after it's finished. If you have any suggestions please leave them here or message me on steam/TS3.

I will add Spoilers for the images, if you want to view them, just clicky clicky.

General Layout
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stage 1
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stage 2
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stage 3
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stage 4
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stage 5-1
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stage 5-2
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stage 5-3
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stage 5-4
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stage 5-5
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Ingame Custom Bricks
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

There were some concerns to begin with that the map would be to large for 1v1, although thankfully it will be around 1300 units by 1024 units. For a comparison below is an image for the layout of am_1v1map (One of the most popular 1v1 maps and was actually used in the pro's 1v1 tournament for rifles) which is actually 1928 units by 1072 in playable area.

am_1v1map - Layout
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

am_panthA,kzg - Layout
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

am_panthA,kzg - Layout - Textured
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Thanks guys, and once again if you guys have anything feel free to leave it below but also take into account, this is nowhere finished.

Dude!!!!!!!! that is looking sweet

I remember when you showed me the first stages of it with a few blocks and a hole in the wall AHAHA. You have come so far and made it look fucking epic, maybe you've just discovered a career path ;)

'Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.'  — Bill Nye

'Naga' wrote:
Dude!!!!!!!! that is looking sweet

I remember when you showed me the first stages of it with a few blocks and a hole in the wall AHAHA. You have come so far and made it look fucking epic, maybe you've just discovered a career path ;)

ROFL. I stand by my holey wall. Would have been great....just better replaced by a window :D

Update:

I am still working on this.

I was going to do a preview of my thoughts that went into the design on each building and why I chose certain things...then my phone wouldn't connect to my computer so I couldn't upload sketches...then I thought....fuck it I might as well do more work on it. So, here is Stage 6....

Corner side of the map is 90% complete, both playable areas are 100%, just need to finish the T intersection and some small details along the road and I should be able to release it for testing.

Again, if there is anything you would like to see or anything you might want me to change up, do let me know

'Sirtron' wrote:
@"pantha." any thoughts about adding cover in the middle of the road so you can kinda cross into the other building?

@Sirtron I did think about adding something across the middle to let you sneak your way across but decided that if you wanted to get across, it would have to be a risk. Although I can add some cover so if your caught you have a good chance in the duel.

Small Update

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Added the church style to finish off that entire side as well as the barriers to enclose the map.

To do

• Finish street side details - T's can see past last house into emptiness.
  • Re-texture roofs to a higher quality
  • Add cover across the road allowing players to cross (@Sirtron)
  • Add details to pathway and small rubble
  • Optimize portals to reduce visleafs
  • Fix displacement leaks
  • Release

If you wanna have a run around on it workshop link is below. Let me know what you think. I understand it isn't a standard 1v1 layout and that will probably work against me but I was over the generic 72 unit high boxes for cover and wanted something a little more detailed and nicer to look at. This version will not work with Multi-1v1 for more than 2 players.

Let me know what you guys think.

am_street1v1 Workshop link

The link will only work if you are friended to me on steam.

To do

• Release Multi-1v1 compatible version
  • Fix Shutters on the second level

Due to SDK restrictions, development with this map won't continue. As far as I know it will not be compatible with many 1v1 mods and plugins. Map has been made public and will not require being on my friends.

Thank you to everyone that helped me in making this, I've learnt a lot over the last few weeks and have start development that WILL work with multi-1v1 and maybe featured on KZG if it's good enough.

• 1 year later...