SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Who's the better player?

SpaceJam2k

Who's the better player?

The guy that camps and plays with the gas the whole game and only gets 1 Kill which is at the end to win the game.

or

The guy that goes around killing a lot of people and then dies to the guy that camped and played with the gas at the end of game and places 2nd.

------------------------

What's your answer and ur reasoning behind it. I honestly think that the person that comes 2nd with (way more kills then the winner) is the better player because camping and playing with the gas requires no skill which is with the other guy that came second gets a lot of kills. 

-----------------------

This thread came across a discussion between @skyprah                 I want to know ur answer.

sky.png

Just because someone killed a lot of people in a game doesn't make them 'the better player' 

The better player was the guy who won the match, using what ever tactics he wants to use.

Edited by skyprah
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, skyprah said:

Just because someone killed a lot of people in a game doesn't make them 'the better player' 

The better player was the guy who won the match, using what ever tactics he wants to use.

That was wise.

hsn7VEU.jpg

3 minutes ago, skyprah said:

+1 on Skype's comment

• Downvote 2
As I become more present now, I can't see through the pain. A hollow cut through my veins. Scars and a Phantom Pain

Who's the better player?

One that drives the car safely and makes sure his passengers are safe

Or one that drives like a lunatic, flips the car, and kills the passengers.

Jebaited bois

• Downvote 2
As I become more present now, I can't see through the pain. A hollow cut through my veins. Scars and a Phantom Pain

@Sorrow we're talking about solo plays. and that's not even what we're talking about. What you wrote means nothing to our discussion. so Jebaited

Edited by SpaceJam2k

sky.png

Just now, SpaceJam2k said:

@Sorrow we're talking about solo plays. and that's not even a discussion what you wrote means nothing..

-rep, you got called out and you scared fool. You killed me that one time cause of your manical driving

• Angry 1
  • Downvote 2

Just cause he's a higher rank than you. Lawl. It's a Survival game. The intent for the player should be to survive as long as possible. It doesn't matter how the player does so as long as he/she stays alive. Just like CS:GO, LoL, Dota2, and every other Esports title, there are teams/players that are passive and there are players that are aggressive. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad. Just because you don't use the method that many other players do, doesn't mean they shouldn't, or that that method is bad.

2jz1fkoweayz.png

I'm asking who's the better player? @Harik did u even read the post? 

(Reread it. and type ur answer) //who's the better player// the player that gets the most kills and comes 2nd from dying to the guy that played with the gas the whole game. or the guy that comes first with 1kill? 

So who's better? that's my question. @Harik

(i never said i didn't like the method nor did i say they shouldn't use the method)

Edited by SpaceJam2k

sky.png

if you get kills then you're better than someone who doesn't. It's piss easy to hide all game and avoid all players.

Drinking Lean And Making Memes

-Skill Surf Admin

-Combat Surf Admin

Feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198242059170/

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

if you get kills then you're better than someone who doesn't. It's piss easy to hide all game and avoid all players.

Okay so if you get 10 or 15 kills and finish between position 20 and 50 every game is better than someone who finishes in the top 10 with a couple of kills? lol okay then

Just now, skyprah said:

Okay so if you get 10 or 15 kills and finish between position 20 and 50 every game is better than someone who finishes in the top 10 with a couple of kills? lol okay then

That is exactly what i'm saying

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Drinking Lean And Making Memes

-Skill Surf Admin

-Combat Surf Admin

Feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198242059170/

I wasn't saying you didn't like the method. When I said "you" I wasn't meaning you, I meant a person in general. I personally don't give a fuck how someone plays if they're winning. 

• Haha 1

2jz1fkoweayz.png

The guy that runs around to get all the kills is clearly the better player on a worse team. If player 1 goes 1-29 in a game but player 2 goes 30-1, how could player 1 be better? Yes, he used tactics to gain 1 kill but he was not able to help his team in 15 other rounds making him almost completely useless.

Who is better: Simple playing for Liquid or Zeus playing for Navi. Simple is a much better player but doesn't win with liquid but Zeus is a significantly worse player, winning on a better team. (Yes I know simple no longer plays for liquid and Zeus is not longer on Navi)

I disagree with pretty much every comment here.

The player that "hides and wins the game" is not a better player then the player that "hunts for kills but loses the game". Hiding is something that anyone with 2 hands and a brain could do. Although if he does win the game with 1-2 kills then he is still a shit player. On the other hand, the player that actually goes out of his way roaming the world trying to get kills is clearly the better player...... How is someone with 10 kills throughout all of their 10 games considered a good player? Thats just a score hungry bitch in my opinion.

It actually takes skill and mind games to go out and kill people weather to win the game or not, hiding is the easiest thing in the game.

Ranks dont mean shit, K/M and overall kills matter.

This is my opinion.

giphy (4).gif

I think the best player is the best person that wins the game, even if they have 1-2 kills they have still won they have just used tactics to win the game.

Yeah everyone knows i'm a bit of a camper, i'm not scared to say it but it's just the way i play. 

Yeah it may mean i'm score hungry but i'm really not i just want to win the game.

@Thrasher Yeah hiding/camping is a bitch move but it's just the way people like to play ;)

This is my opinion.

Going to have to disagree with Skyprah and agree with Thrasher on this one. 

Hiding is of course a tactic that people use to win games, but it doesn't involve any skill. Actually hunting and making the opportunity for kills takes skill and actually shows you're eager to get better at the game.

Edited by Acidbubbl

Little bit of discussion/debate is good.

Eclipse I understand where you're coming from. 

My question back to you is:

How are you going to develop a better aim if you're mentality is to hide. That may seem like a good strategy/idea now, but once you get all wins with 1-2 kills, you're going to have to pick up your game to evolve your top 10.

Personally, it takes me a lot longer to get a good top 10, because I am always hunting and looking for more kills. This gives me more chance of being killed because we all know that when people hear gunfire they run towards it (except campers). Personally, I can't play a slow game. It may give you the win, but I don't understand how you can be satisfied. If you have just started playing H1Z1, wouldn't it be better to get put in 1v1 situations and to grow than sit and play slow...

Edited by Acidbubbl

@Acidbubbl good question, very good question.

I'm gonna have to go with just play duo/fives with your mates have funny and just also try get better at the game that way, you can try do it in solos but doing it in duo/fives will also help you will you learn what to do against teamers, maybe other players just running in trying to kill you and also better your aim.

(Yeah teamers aren't always in solos but sometimes they are)

@Acidbubbl you got a good point, but personally i enjoy the slow game. I don't know what's fun about it but i just enjoy it slowing down things and thinking more i guess.

When the players get lower and gas comes in more, you can't be making quick and stupid decisions, if you do you are most likely gonna get yourself killed. I like to think of H1Z1 as the "Hunger Games" Katniss is like sitting on the gas all the time and she is just playing everything slow so she can think of what to do next and how to kill the next player to win the game.

Edited by Ec1ipse

At the next h1z1 tournament can you please remind the organisers to give the #1 prize to the player the racks up the most amount of kills and dies to the camper who wins lolol kills are worth 500 points for a reason

If a professional player gets 2 kills and wins a 1v1 to an amature who has 15 kills. The amature is the better player?

If you get 15 kills and never finish under position 20 then you have your priorities wrong. Good practice though (Y)

If a player gets 16 kills and dies in a 1v1 against a camper. They play another 9 games and the camper wins the next 9 1v1s in a row.. then the camper is the better player as the kamikazi player is useless at clutching a match.

If spacejam gets more kills against me in a 1v1 in csgo, does that mean he's better than me? No. If eclipse gets more kills than you in comp, does that mean he's better than you? No. Stating that someone who gets more kills in a h1z1 match is better than someone else is a bold statement with no evidence to back it up. The only evidence present is the fact that the camper won the match which makes him victorious.

This debate it literally so stupid as the question is referring to a one match scenario. The gas camper could of got 15 kills the previous game but decided to play safe due to lack of loot/resources.

Edited by skyprah

5 hours ago, skyprah said:

At the next h1z1 tournament can you please remind the organisers to give the #1 prize to the player the racks up the most amount of kills and dies to the camper who wins lolol kills are worth 500 points for a reason

If a professional player gets 2 kills and wins a 1v1 to an amature who has 15 kills. The amature is the better player?

If you get 15 kills and never finish under position 20 then you have your priorities wrong. Good practice though (Y)

If a player gets 16 kills and dies in a 1v1 against a camper. They play another 9 games and the camper wins the next 9 1v1s in a row.. then the camper is the better player as the kamikazi player is useless at clutching a match.

If spacejam gets more kills against me in a 1v1 in csgo, does that mean he's better than me? No. If eclipse gets more kills than you in comp, does that mean he's better than you? No. Stating that someone who gets more kills in a h1z1 match is better than someone else is a bold statement with no evidence to back it up. The only evidence present is the fact that the camper won the match which makes him victorious.

This debate it literally so stupid as the question is referring to a one match scenario. The gas camper could of got 15 kills the previous game but decided to play safe due to lack of loot/resources.

You're trying to find loopholes.

That's not at all what I am saying. First off:

A professional player wouldn't finish a game with 1-2 kills...

People that finish the game with 1-2 kills are normally new to the game or have just begun the new pre-season, the leaderboards show this. 

I'm saying that eventually those "campers" are going to have to change the way they play to gain more kills, pretty self explanatory.

Of course you can using a camping technique early pre-season, but unless you change how you play, you're not going to get any better.

Skyprah, when I say "better player" I'm not implying that they are better than the others. I'm saying that they are a better player in themselves.

H1Z1 and CSGO are two completely different games and can not be compared in this situation. 

Edited by Acidbubbl

Not finding loopholes just debating the topic. Have you seen the gas camper actually try and get kills and go all out? No. Hence why this topic is stupid. But completely agree with what youre saying. For example eclipse has a higher rank than you but you would shit on him because it will come to a point where he can't rank up because he can't kill anyone lmao.

Edited by skyprah

After jumping on the forums and seeing this shit and only reading the question and nothing else this is what I have to say.

No doubt the player that wins a game is the player that played the best that game, you can't argue that. Even if the player has one kill their tactic got them in a position where they could get down to a 1v1 and win it. To relate it back to CS:GO in a comp game I only get 10 kills but do my part for the team by planting bombs and holding the rotate or calling strats am I worse than the top fragger of the opposite team that loose? NO. he may no play as a team player just because he has more kills than me doesn't make him the better player, its how you play the game to end up the winner that matters.

If you take each game as a sperate judging instance the player that wins the game has to be the best, but if you take each season the judging instance the players that have the most kills and best kills per match ratio are normally and typically the better or best players. But with that stated the way that the ranking system works on H1Z1 it encourages players to play with the gas and not go for the kills, so it would be justified to state that the worst and the best strategy is to camp gas and go for kills.

In the end, H1Z1 ranking system is shit and the only way for you to determine whether a player is good or not is if they can successfully pull off their strategy off time and time again. Consistency is key if your strat is to camp gas we should be comparing your top 10 finish rate to others with the same strategies, but if you like killing we should compare K/M. 

5135_101.png&key=b46b56d6a110bb30feb65cb76561198064405149.png&key=cd79db14b417bd76561198064405149.png&key=77b2b9d9d9da09graphic.png&key=abdd4fbbb688120b538163e5