SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Forum Change log 1/07/2017

skyprah

1/07/2017 Forum Change log

IPB plus icon.png Updated to latest version of Profile Videos. Yes you can now add youtube videos to your profile. 

IPB plus icon.png Added feature to display maximum chat box posts and top 3 chat box posters.

• This feature will be disabled but used from time to time to check the statistics.
  • This is also not 100% accurate as we lost data when moving from myBB as well as IPB re installs.

chatstats.png

IPB plus icon.png Added the option for VIP, staff members, senior members and veterans to change their title.

• Go to Account Settings
  • Click on Custom Title and change your title

IPB plus icon.png Added a feature to enable the following things for new users automatically instead of them having to manually enable it in their settings. Please note, this should only work for new members and not existing members with these features disabled.

• Enabled recent profile visitors block
  • Show pop-up message when a user has a new message
  • View status updates
  • View signatures

IPB plus icon.png Added a button using jQuery to slide to the top of the page quickly. It is located in the bottom right corner of your screen. This is also available on mobiles but slightly different than the desktop version.

Backtotop.png

IPB plus icon.png Added option to set your status to Away. This can be found in your Account settings and can be used if you are going on holidays. The away status displays in multiple locations across the forums.

Currently a bug exists with displaying an away banner ( memberawaybug.png ) in the post bit. This will be fixed shortly

Pictures here

IPB plus icon.png Added feature which will now display a members user group when sending a PM

Titleinpost.png

IPB plus icon.png Added User icons  to be displayed before their user link. Among 634 font awesome icons to choose from. Feature available for VIP, staff members, senior members and veterans.

*Currently disabled/broken until another plugin is updated

IPB plus icon.png Topic starter badge has been added to the users post bit for who ever started the post.

• This is to easily identify the thread author.
  • Expect an edit shortly which disables the badge on the original post and only displays it on additional posts by the author.

IPB plus icon.png Added the option to ignore topics. This will be useful if you are sick of seeing useless posts in a section you have no interest in.

Members can manage their ignored topics @ Accounts Settings.

• Hide ignored topics from Activity Streams
  • Display ignored badge on forum view
  • Display ignored badge on topic view
  • Allow ignored topics from Search Results *Can be changed

IPB plus icon.png Added the option to use a banner for your new thread. This will be displayed nice and big and can have a nice impact on the thread if used correctly. This is available for VIP, staff members, senior members and veterans.

topcover2.png

IPB plus icon.png Added feature for senior staff to add banners/cover photos to Sub forums eg. Rotating banners can be added in the sub forum "Scoutzknivez" which could display unique banners from the server. This is similar to the rotating banners on the main page but more unique for each sub forum. This feature is currently not activated, although we will be testing/trialing this, so expect to see it soon.

• Show a single image or multiple images (slider style)
  • Support HTML.
  • Admin can edit banners in ACP, or in edit forum view.
  • Customization options for slider style such as navigation buttons, auto slide, transition effect, max height, interval, display forums title and  description on the banner

IPB plus icon.png Blocked access for guest accounts or users who aren't logged in from seeing external links or images. The content will be hiden and will be replaced with the message below.

guestnosee.png

IPB plus icon.png Added method to log members who use multiple accounts on the same computer/browser to access our forum

• Logs member accounts and possible alts
  • ACP/MCP interfaces to view and handle suspicious activity

IPB plus icon.png Added prevention for VPN and proxies from registering.

IPB plus icon.png Increased cover photo height from 200px to 300px.

IPB plus icon.png Added a bunch of  emoticons. Bringing the total to 1900+ I'm aware that a few existing ones were already broken.. these will be fixed soon.

IPB plus icon.png Some other minor tweaks and adjustments.

IPB plus icon.png You will notice the posting ranks images changing across the forum. This will take a while to get it perfect, well almost perfect at least. At the moment its heavily unfinished as I was just testing some stuff. I'm hoping to get another 30+ images to add to the ranks. I will also be adding icons/pictures for the reputation ranks and titles. I will open up threads soon to get suggestions.

That's it for today! Post any errors/bugs below.

9 minutes ago, Wolfleader said:

@skyprahits not letting me change my title :( 

i want it to be something else :( 

also how can i change these images ;)

https://gyazo.com/b73ea54e1bde1735878b6afd737b0181:P 

Added the option for VIP, staff members, senior members and veterans to change their title.

• Go to Account Settings
  • Click on Custom Title and change your title

2 hours ago, skyprah said:

IPB plus icon.png Added prevention for VPN and proxies from registering.

I use a VPN always by default, i know there are many people in the CS community who also do the same thing, how would they register if they were a legit user?

Any reason why my profile video isnt able to be played or why its not even there (just a blank space?)

@skyprah or i'm just stupid and made a mistake

48 minutes ago, Swiftzz ♛ said:

Any reason why my profile video isnt able to be played or why its not even there (just a blank space?)

make sure the link is the embed link.

Video > share > embed

2jz1fkoweayz.png

1 hour ago, Swiftzz ♛ said:

You're trying to use a normal youtube link

Do what Harik said and copy the embed youtube url from the line of code

https://www.youtube.com/embed/yVbQHWGvq4M

Here is the link you should get ^

5 hours ago, Mack said:

I use a VPN always by default, i know there are many people in the CS community who also do the same thing, how would they register if they were a legit user?

Existing members are immune. New members trying to register with a VPN will need to be manually approved. 

• skyprah featured this topic