SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

[Combat Surf] tommo. 's Moderator Application

tommo.

Server you're Applying for?: Combat Surf

Steam Account Name: tommo.

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79300050

Description of Yourself: My name is Anthony and I live in Sydney, Australia. I am currently studying in High School, and I play games on the side. I enjoy making people laugh and meeting new people. I love playing sports such as AFL and Cricket, but I also enjoy playing video games with my mates. Playing Combat Surf helps my mates and I get closer and just have an all round good time. Getting the moderator role can hopefully enhance that experience.

In the future I plan on being an Electrical Engineer in the Army and study at ADFA in Canberra. I hope to go through the stages of RMC Duntroon and go from there. I enjoy all things that are military based and all things that involve electrical work, so both my passions are put into one I guess lol. To get to this point I have to get an ATAR of 85+, so fuck hehe. 

I am currently doing Army Cadets and I've been doing it for over a year now. For anyone that is planning on joining the army when they are older, this is a great place to start. Many people think it's "gay" or "pathetic", it teaches you skills and gives you general knowledge. Some of these skills range from Navigation, First Aid, Ratel, etc.

Disclaimer: Before you -rep me for my attitude towards other players, I have openly admitted that I have been rude and disrespectful to other players and staff members. I have said sorry to those that have been affected by my hateful comments. I also said sorry to the two admins I embarrassed in front of the whole server. These two admins were Bubble and TheRiddler, and I am deeply sorry for my actions. This will not happen again.

Play Time on the server you're applying for?: 3 days 03:26:37 hours

What time do you normally play on the Server you're appplying for?: I usually play on the server during the weekends (basically all day). However, sometimes I come on during the weekdays, but parental issues are involved. (AEDT or GMT +11).

Vouching Staff Members of the server you are applying for?: Staff Members vouching for my application include:

- Super_Soc (ADMINSTRATOR)

- SmartB (ADMINSTRATOR)

- Oracle | Static (TRIAL MODERATOR)

Players vouching your application?: Players vouching for my application include:

- Grass

- Ye Haw

- Uncle Sam

- HowlingHealer

Why do you think you deseve to be a part of the Killzone Gaming Staffing Team?: I feel as though I can contribute to the KZG Staffing Team in an superior way. I know that I will contribute both on majority of the KZG servers and on the forums. I will try my absolute best to fulfill my role as Moderator and I will try to conquer any challenge that I will face. I am extremely experienced in Combat Surf rules, and the KZG rules in general. I have finally understood when a joke is a joke, and when enough is enough, I feel that this is important to be able to handle situations maturely.

I enjoy making people laugh, and in my opinion I think that this is a crucial skill to have to be a good moderator. I am keen to enforce the rules and to make new memories with the KZG Community. I understand where I stand and what my subordinates are, I'll try not to step over the 'line' and not abuse the power I have. There is a fine line between productivity and playfulness, productivity being the side of moderation, and playfulness being the side of just generally playing combat surf. I’m also passionate about this server and I’m driven to deliver moderation material. I’m a very motivated player and a fast learner, this will help me learn the paths of the moderator role. Example; memorising the admin commands or knowing how to handle every situation without thinking hard. I belief that I will benefit to the staffing team immensely.

What qualities can you bring to Killzone Gaming?: As I have previously stated, I love making people laugh. Being serious all the time isn't a good feature (in my opinion). If you haven't noticed all ready, I have admitted to my faults and I have accepted my consequences. I feel as though this is a good quality, being able to admit to your faults and accepting the consequences. I would strive to always help the people that are in need in the best way I can, no matter how big or small the matter is. I’ll take the actions that are necessary and I'll try my best to come up with the best solution.

The qualities I possess include:
- Initiative: Being able to take up the task when no one else can.
- Communication: Being able to clearly and successfully describe what you want done.
- Positive Attitude: Being able to keep the server in a good mood. A fine balance between seriousness and playfulness.
- Approach: Being able to handle things with up most care and confidence.
- Creativity: Being able to find new ways to keep the morale up, etc.

Have you checked the application requirements?: Yes

Have you read the server rules of the server you're applying for?: Yes

Do you have a loud and audible microphone?: Yes

Edited by tommo.

6 minutes ago, panthA said:

Steam ID is wrong. STEAM_1:0:79300050

plz fix.

No comment on app itself. Neutral

Oh seriously. Thanks for the heads up, I'll fix it asap.

After a quick read @tommo. I'm going to have to change my reply.

1. At this current moment, I love the effort you have put into the application, more than most put into job applications.  
  2. Your account has only 3 posts but has been apart of KZG for longer than a month.  
  3. You have a previous record with admins and members of the community.
  4. You only have 1 Staff member vouching for you.

Please make sure you HAVE read the requirement for the position you are applying for.

• 20 forums posts OR have a forum account for at least 1 month.
    • That is either helping develop the server you are applying for or being a constructive member on the forums.
  • 24 hours on the server you are applying for.
  • You must be over 12 to apply for the position.
  • Have at least two admins vouching for you.
  • No server bans in the past month.

Until another Staff member is willing to vouch for you, my vote will be a massive ✘ -rep .

3 minutes ago, panthA said:

After a quick read @tommo. I'm going to have to change my reply.

1. At this current moment, I love the effort you have put into the application, more than most put into job applications.  
  2. Your account has only 3 posts but has been apart of KZG for longer than a month.  
  3. You have a previous record with admins and members of the community.
  4. You only have 1 Staff member vouching for you.

Please make sure you HAVE read the requirement for the position you are applying for.

Until another Staff member is willing to vouch for you, my vote will be a massive ✘ -rep .

Fair enough, I respect that. Look, I should have gotten 2 staff members before I uploaded this application. I definitely understand where you are going that. However, I have apologise to those I have been hostile to, that includes staff members, and I said in front of a full server. But I do also understand that in the past I have been rude and disrespectful, and I deeply regret that.

Thank you for your reply.

Edited by tommo.

During the period after someones Staff application to a server is declined or they delete it we get a better look at how that person acts and whether or not they were willing to take on the critisim they were given and if they would better themselves and more often than not we see a worse side to them on the server. Following you deleting your application your attitude on the server noticeably changed towards other players and staff on the server, that sort of behaviour is what we dont want to see in someone after they fail to become a member of KZG staff and was part of the reason some of us were against you recieving mod last time, because we thought you werent mature enough and your actions further proved the point. You have come out and apoligized to myself and bubble the day prior to you posting this new application which is a good thing but also makes me question whether or not it was a sincere apology or you were justing trying to get in our good books before you applied again.

Im not going to be putting a + or - rep with this comment, i would like to see this application open for at least a couple of weeks to watch how you are act again on the server and if you have changed with your attitude towards other. In that time you should also work on your requirements for application like @panthA has posted. Work on those things to better yourself and i will post my opinion on your being mod or not in the next weeks. Good luck.

1 hour ago, TheRiddler said:

During the period after someones Staff application to a server is declined or they delete it we get a better look at how that person acts and whether or not they were willing to take on the critisim they were given and if they would better themselves and more often than not we see a worse side to them on the server. Following you deleting your application your attitude on the server noticeably changed towards other players and staff on the server, that sort of behaviour is what we dont want to see in someone after they fail to become a member of KZG staff and was part of the reason some of us were against you recieving mod last time, because we thought you werent mature enough and your actions further proved the point. You have come out and apoligized to myself and bubble the day prior to you posting this new application which is a good thing but also makes me question whether or not it was a sincere apology or you were justing trying to get in our good books before you applied again.

Im not going to be putting a + or - rep with this comment, i would like to see this application open for at least a couple of weeks to watch how you are act again on the server and if you have changed with your attitude towards other. In that time you should also work on your requirements for application like @panthA has posted. Work on those things to better yourself and i will post my opinion on your being mod or not in the next weeks. Good luck.

Thanks for that, I appreciate that. I deleted my previous application because I thought I didnt deserve that certain role. However, I appreciate your response.

+rep true cunt. He has said sorry to many people including myself and many of my friends. He seems like he has matured more than what he has used to be like and what he has been like in the past. He a real cunt.

+rep, has finally grown some balls and stopped being a lil bitch. Has matured and has been positive towards others and taught a new person how to surf and told them the rules of the server.

4 hours ago, TheRiddler said:

Have the same opinion as Riddler. I am sitting on the fence as I believe this is his 3rd application in a month or two and I would like to see how he acts.

+/- Neutral 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cheers;

SmartB

+Rep, He has really deserved it after being on the server for so long and he has gained skill and maturity during his time on the server. Keep up your amazing personality and good work. <3

Sincerely, Mystic Demon. ^_^

Hey man I would love to see you on teamspeak or discord a little more to get to know the other admins of the server since you only have 1 vouching.

Best of luck

'Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.'  — Bill Nye

14 minutes ago, Naga said:

Hey man I would love to see you on teamspeak or discord a little more to get to know the other admins of the server since you only have 1 vouching.

Best of luck

I am on the discord, however, I am know all the admins on Combat Surf, but they are still thinking about vouching me. Well some of them are. Is it possible that you can get an admin vouching that is not involved in the Combat Surf Community?

Thanks anyway!

1 minute ago, tommo. said:

I am on the discord, however, I am know all the admins on Combat Surf, but they are still thinking about vouching me. Well some of them are. Is it possible that you can get an admin vouching that is not involved in the Combat Surf Community?

Thanks anyway!

Ahh ok no worries

And no you will need admins from the server you are applying for sadly.

'Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.'  — Bill Nye

Just now, Naga said:

Ahh ok no worries

And no you will need admins from the server you are applying for sadly.

Oh alright, fair enough.

Thanks for the assistance! 

I have spoken to you many times since your application was made and you have promised to clean up your act. You are now talking to other people nicely and are more active on the server and help assist with me when people break rules as long as you keep this attitude up I might happy to change my neutral to a 

+rep

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cheers;

SmartB

Welp, fuck. When you want to trial for mod and you need to be more active, and your PC decides to break. So, is it possible to pause this application and continue it in mid-November (that is when the new graphics card will most likely come). I have no back up computer to be able to play Combat Surf on. 

Sorry for the inconvenience... 

Actually I change my mind, if I do get accepted, is it possible that I can only be active on the forums until my new parts come in? (which will be about a month)

Edited by tommo.

i dont play combat surf alot and before i didnt know how to surf and tommo here helped me to surf he brought me into a private server and told me the basics and shit on my forums saltvex i know the roots and how things work this guy is active on the forums and i see that his pc broke and some shit nnd i think that he is making up is ianctivity on the server on here 

also message me about that cadet stuff im intreseted

+rep

Edited by singhy
cause why not

• 3 weeks later...

I have now fixed my computer, and I am ready to become active again and start playing combat surf again. 

Thank you for allowing me to pause the application :)

• My Name is Tito locked this topic