SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

CPU and motherboard

Brainn cancercouncil.com

Im building a pc and am not sure if the i5 7600k is the best option. Im also unsure of which mother board (under $200) I should get, any ideas?

54 minutes ago, Brainn cancercouncil.com said:

Im building a pc and am not sure if the i5 7600k is the best option. Im also unsure of which mother board (under $200) I should get, any ideas?

It depends on how you want you use your computer and if you will be doing custom configes for your CPU settings with overclocks and if you are spending the extra cash for a high end CPU cooler and a Z chipset. If your just playing csgo or other games on 1080p then i would suggest just get a i5 7600 stock cooler and a B350 MOBO if you get the k series you need to spend the extra $150 bucks for all the stuff to really use the potential of the CPU or your just wasting money for a k series. for motherboards i would suggest ASUS they are what i use for my MOBO and GPU good brand go for a cheap B350 if your getting a non k series or a decent z370 if your going for overclocking. Just btw a i5 will run any new games 1080p with a good GPU these days so best to just save the money, good luck man :D 

I would highly suggest waiting a few months (like I'm currently doing) for the new Coffee Lake and purchasing something like an 8600k which has around the same price ($309 for 7600k, $399 for the 8600k) you're getting 2 more cores, higher freq, higher turbo freq, DDR4 ram ect ect. If you aren't looking to upgrade more than just your CPU and mobo, 7600k's are a solid choice, especially for gaming but it also depends on what you are playing and what you're used to.

If your buying for CS:GO alone, I would suggest a higher tiered chip with higher freq, something like a 7700 or 7700k. Please also, only buy a K series chip if you have it with a decent cooler and are going to overclock it otherwise you are literally wasting money.

If you play a lot of AAA titles and are looking for a bit more of dem FPS than make sure your GPU is decent as well. 

Like @TheRiddler said, if you go with a K series, make sure your board is overclockable.

Unlike @TheRiddler said, DO NOT buy a z370 with a 7600k. z370 board are 1151-c chipsets and cater for Coffee Lake, where the z270 boards are 1151 which cater for Kaby lake and Skylake. Make sure you are buying the right Chipset for your CPU. If you aren't sure, don't hesitate to ask, might save you $300.

Depending on your budget I recommend getting the Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero motherboard xD

'Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.'  — Bill Nye