SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

What are some excellent ISPs in New Zealand

The Spontaneous Ainis

Its pretty darn hard to find an excellent ISP here because many of 'em suck due to the incompetent, stereotyped, lazy teams run by butter chickens that Gordon Ramsay forgot to cook for his indian tradition episode. So what are some excellent ISPs here in NZ that isnt something overrated like vodafone? And I know ethernet is best suited for gaming.

• 2 weeks later...

Bigpipe and MyRepublic is both fast as fuck. Support is decent, and prices are average.

Orcon sucks ass since their customer support is close to useless, with their garbage internet speeds in Auckland. Dunno but anywhere else tho, but I assume its all the same.

Spark is alright but ehh, they have alot of problems/outages throughout the year.

Vodafone according to my friends is decent, but not that good aswell.

Again, this is in Auckland and in my area. Don't come running at me with pitchforks ty.

Edited by i7K
  • Fire2 1

It all comes down to where you live and what is available in your street.

I was with vodafone and they sucked ass but the speed of my fiber was always on point. but customer service was a load of shit and i found that the router they provided "shat itself" just after my contract did so to get a new one i had to resign. told them where to stick it.

After that i switched to MyRepublic and got Gigabit. Speed is always on point with a wired connection but i would recommend getting their middle class modem as im finding the cheaper one has wifi issues every now and again and i have to restart the router alot. Customer service have been good if i have ever called them.

All of this comes down to what you want/need. i have gigabit but i mean after a month of having it i realised what a waste of money it is, i mean sure the bragging rights are fun and all but the only time u get to use these huge speeds are if youre downloading a game. I found that a simple 100down 20 up was way more than enough for what i needed and could still download any game i wanted in a reasonable time.

And as i7k said it all comes down to where you live, alot of auckland has fiber in their streets but then again alot of it doesnt.