SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Monthly Map Addition

Winged_Raven

As we all know, the casual competitive server has either dust2, cache or inferno as the map ninety percent of the time. Would it be possible to add another map to the possible selections? This map could change monthly based on a community vote. It would obviously have to be limited to maps which have been available in game before such as de_season,  de_zoo or even agency. Some variety could be nice every now and then.

We have had talks on adding third party maps as a wildcard to add some variety. As far as I could tell, the community was fairly split on it. We have also had talks to add maps like mirage night/winter but with better execution from last time.

^ agree with these two fine gentleman

5a51724c4828e_giphy(8).gif.4275886b546c15bd497bb48a066e6556.gif

Ex OG AIM/AWP Admin

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140602073925/no-game-no-life/images/a/a4/Excited_Jibril.gif

Would there be a way to do a poll within the server? The forums don't have a large reach in regards to players in its current state. Unless it was possible to poll the greater portion of the server's audience I can understand why it must stay the way it currently is.

@RetroViper that is why I was suggesting maps such as agency :P

Edited by Winged_Raven

Poles would probably be done manually whenever I'm on (or another admin) on set maps that are previously selected. Will definitely be brought up at our next meeting.

Personally I would love to see some more variety with the map selection and sometimes it can come down to making sure u nominate the maps first and just talking the map up before the vote comes up.

We tried something early last year where skyprah added some new maps like overpass and stuff and they do actually get played here and there. The problem is that they have to be updated by valve or something to be compatible. If anything you would have a lot more luck adding some of the recent operation maps or anything new thats in the casual map pools.  I have also had alot of people ask why de_train was taken out of the maplist as the map was actually played alot.

I would love to see some new maps added and i have made many forum posts about it in the past.

The addition of mirage night and mirage winter again will just lead to the same problem as last time where you would just have to play mirage over and over until people start leaving because they're sick of playing mirage. I think if you were to add either of them then they should be swapped out for the current one that is in the map pool.

@skyprah what would you think about adding some of the recently update maps such as de_austria, de_shipped, de_thrill, cs_agency, de_lite and some of the others.

i have played Mirage "dusk", Mirage Winter, dust2 classic, old inferno, cs_insertion and Old Mirage and would love to see them added to the casual comp (and retake and deathmatch server if possible).

Edited by ruthles_kila(New Monitor)
wrong term changed

Sincerely,

ruthles_kila
Jump Server Manager

1 hour ago, ruthles_kila(New Monitor) said:

i have played Mirage "dusk", Mirage Winter, dust2 classic, old inferno, cs_insertion and Old Mirage and would love to see them added to the casual comp (and retake and deathmatch server if possible).

So you want 4 mirage maps in the map pool? From experience i think having multiple mirage maps or even having 2 dust2 maps and 2 inferno maps would be counter productive to the whole having different maps to play. All you will find that you just play alot more of mirage inferno and dust2 instead of actually getting to play maps out of the ordinary

5 hours ago, -[pkN24!7]- said:

So you want 4 mirage maps in the map pool? From experience i think having multiple mirage maps or even having 2 dust2 maps and 2 inferno maps would be counter productive to the whole having different maps to play. All you will find that you just play alot more of mirage inferno and dust2 instead of actually getting to play maps out of the ordinary

I remember a long time ago with mirage (night) being in the pool and it caused a lot of problems. There was server issues (If I remember correctly there was a map which crashed the server?), competitive integrity was lost because visibility was an issue in places and the server was constantly mirage (day) ---> mirage (night). Furthermore it would require users to download the maps.There should only be one variation of each map available as it is now to reduce those issues. 

The addition of select operation maps would seem the best solution in my own opinion as they are already in user's files. I'm unsure however, on the impact they could have on the server.

• Thumbs up 1