SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Deathrun being integrated into Minigames??

.vert zaMpa

Deathrun is a super fun mode that I used to play heaps. There is really good maps and I was thinking we could integrate it into Minigames? Maybe like 5 or so maps, and then people could nominate them and hopefully get the majority. Would be pretty cool imo. Deathrun has always been one of the funnest modes.

Cheers, Dupreeh.

(NOT TOO SURE IF ANYONE HAS DONE THIS YET)

Edited by .vert dupreeh

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aspiring Minigames Moderator

:KZG_blue:

The grind never stops.

DUPREEH.

cowboy bebop smoking GIF

I would be happy to try/test out deathrun if Skyprah was interested but I don't believe it is a game mode suited for everyone and ultimately believe it would kill off a large quantity of the minigames server when put in rotation. It is very skill based, allowing the better players to dominate the maps whilst leaving the not so good players at the first few traps every single round. It causes drama if not set up correctly with T switching/free runs and a whole load of other petty instances that come from impatient/selfish players. There is only one deathrun server in AUS (CSGO) currently if I'm not mistaken? That server is quite dead and has been for a long time. Personally I would not want to see it on the MG server.

Of course I could be completely wrong so don't take me for a pessimist, but from what I have been involved in and seen on servers that have deathrun in them... let's just say it has never looked promising.

• Like 2

sтεαм

I bloody love deathrun but I think it shouldn't be added to mg (unless we had some sort of special time dedicated to it like 9-11:30) and a separate server might work but not sure if it would stay popular.

ying to touch

21 hours ago, Zing said:

I would be happy to try/test out deathrun if Skyprah was interested but I don't believe it is a game mode suited for everyone and ultimately believe it would kill off a large quantity of the minigames server when put in rotation. It is very skill based, allowing the better players to dominate the maps whilst leaving the not so good players at the first few traps every single round. It causes drama if not set up correctly with T switching/free runs and a whole load of other petty instances that come from impatient/selfish players. There is only one deathrun server in AUS (CSGO) currently if I'm not mistaken? That server is quite dead and has been for a long time. Personally I would not want to see it on the MG server.

Of course I could be completely wrong so don't take me for a pessimist, but from what I have been involved in and seen on servers that have deathrun in them... let's just say it has never looked promising.

Totally agree. A deathrun server would be more suited, but that means more costs which is a massive downside.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

The grind never stops.

DUPREEH.

cowboy bebop smoking GIF

Being optimistic this could also benefit the server greatly. I personally believe course maps are not minigames and therefore should have its own server, but the minigames playerbase is not substantial enough to support BOTH servers at all. There are already a number of people that leave/join when it's a multigame map being played rather than a course. Integrating deathrun would add another element to the server attracting another sub playerbase of its own ultimately increasing playerbase.

This is all just in theory and could go the other way entirely. I do not see the harm in experimenting though. :D

17 hours ago, Dongle said:

Being optimistic this could also benefit the server greatly. I personally believe course maps are not minigames and therefore should have its own server, but the minigames playerbase is not substantial enough to support BOTH servers at all. There are already a number of people that leave/join when it's a multigame map being played rather than a course. Integrating deathrun would add another element to the server attracting another sub playerbase of its own ultimately increasing playerbase.

This is all just in theory and could go the other way entirely. I do not see the harm in experimenting though. :D

Good points, that's what I had in mind. Since deathrun servers haven't been up, it could attract a lot of people who enjoy deathrun more than minigames / course maps :) 

The grind never stops.

DUPREEH.

cowboy bebop smoking GIF

• ruthles_kila locked this topic