SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Ranking System

The Aether

Hey guys,

Happy Easter.

I'm pretty new to the forums but i've been playing on KZG servers for a fair while now.

I just wanted to bring up that the ranking system seems unfair to me. I'm ranked around 80th and i expect it to be harder to rank up than it was at first, but it seems impossible. Multiple times i have killed 5 or more people in a round and then died, and i lose about 10 points. It seems like it punishes you for getting a 5k. I know that if i die to a low ranked player then i lose more points than usual, but what's to say that the low ranked people aren't better than me, but just don't play very often. 

I'm not hating against the server or anything, since it is my favourite server, but the ranking system just frustrates me.

Anyway, that's all from me, keep up the solid work.

Hi Aether, first of all welcome to the forums.

Ranking does seem to be impossible to climb as you hit the higher ranks. I'm currently around 11th and move rarely now. This can be explained quite easily.

The ranking system seems to weight points based on people you frag and those you die to. This means that the person whom is ranked #1 would give you more points than someone who just joined the server. This is not combat people 'farming' accounts to boost their rank. The only suggestion I can give you is to target those who are ranked high and avoid getting killed by newbies. This is easier said than done however. In all honesty, if you play smart and at a consistent level, you will find yourself trending upwards.

In the top 15 of the server, there is only one person under a 2.0kd (they are on 1.98). This gives you an idea of the skill you are going to have to overcome.

Hi The Aether.

Yes the ranking system can be problematic for some as it requires a imense ammount of time to get to the top of the server, due to the fact that alot of the time to rank up means that people with higher ranks have to be on too.

This issue has been brought up a few times recently and we have been discussing it in our AIM STAFF meetings and have been trying to come up with a soloution to resolve this issue, wether it be a 6month reset or yearly is still unknown as to how we will be attacking this problem. But we do hope to have a answer for everyone soon.

The only problem is with resetting the ranks its bound to cause some people to get angry after all the time they have spent working on those ranks. Hence why we are still working on a way to make it so everyone is happy. 

On 4/1/2018 at 2:56 PM, krewzy said:

Git gud

Try being constructive instead of trying to troll on a serious post. This is not the banter section.

12 minutes ago, -[pkN24!7]- said:

Try being constructive instead of trying to troll on a serious post. This is not the banter section.

Dosent have to be in the banter section. Look at other admins Including you! 

Edited by krewzy