SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Surf suggestions

First Class

Hey guys i'm going to be respectful and straight to the point

1.) WRCPS ON TELEHOP MAPS. This is super busted. There are 3 requirements that you need to meet to start a stage; A certain max velocity, no pre-hopping, and starting a stage on the ground. maps with tele hops either have the wrcp by glitching the requirements OR just by having them before the requirements were put into place. This makes it impossible to get wrcp on the stage or in some cases even start the stage (surf_furious stage 4) as it is a drop zone, and it triggers the "Starting stage on the ground" requirement.

2.) CHEATED TIMES. There are a lot of cheated times that have been reported, yes, but have not been tended to. this should be high priority as it is a big part of playing skill surf and when a time is impossible to get it defeats the point of actually playing. yes sure you can try and finish the map but a lot of the surfers on the server are getting good and completions become second nature.

3.) ZONES. while similar to point 1.), this relates more to the issue of entire maps, stages and bonuses not being zoned. Once again defies the point of skillsurf.

4.) TREATMENT OF PLAYERS BY ADMINS. I really don't want to delve into this topic as myself and my friend group are considered the most toxic of them all, but some of the mutes/gags/silences dished out to people not in the 'friend circle' are ridiculous. I don't want any replies on this post relate to this point as if this post is more about the fundamental errors of the server, if you would like to objectively discuss it in depth, pm me on discord @noods#1292.

5.) I DONT HAVE VETERAN GROUP ON THE FORUM.

That's about it guys. This server is the biggest Australian GO surf server right now, I know a lot of people will blow this post off because its ME, but a lot of the stuff i say is true and does need to be fixed. Thanks guys

Also, anyone else that feels I missed anything please chuck it in.

13 hours ago, First Class said:

Hey guys i'm going to be respectful and straight to the point

1.) WRCPS ON TELEHOP MAPS. This is super busted. There are 3 requirements that you need to meet to start a stage; A certain max velocity, no pre-hopping, and starting a stage on the ground. maps with tele hops either have the wrcp by glitching the requirements OR just by having them before the requirements were put into place. This makes it impossible to get wrcp on the stage or in some cases even start the stage (surf_furious stage 4) as it is a drop zone, and it triggers the "Starting stage on the ground" requirement.

WRCPS already being worked on.

2.) CHEATED TIMES. There are a lot of cheated times that have been reported, yes, but have not been tended to. this should be high priority as it is a big part of playing skill surf and when a time is impossible to get it defeats the point of actually playing. yes sure you can try and finish the map but a lot of the surfers on the server are getting good and completions become second nature.

All cheated times should have been already removed (my list is complete.) Looking into permanent fixes for random boosts on problem maps. If you know any off the top of you head, I can check them out but more than likely already been removed.

3.) ZONES. while similar to point 1.), this relates more to the issue of entire maps, stages and bonuses not being zoned. Once again defies the point of skillsurf.

Once again, I need a list of maps not zoned. I have never been told of any maps unzoned. You may be getting confused with private surf servers. The private surf owners have access to the /map command. The map command grants access to every map installed on the server. Instead of using the /nominate list, they may be using the map list as it probably has 100+ extra maps.  Some of these maps may be broken, crash or not zoned. That's because they are not in the active map cycle, nor do they give points. I allowed access to private surf owners in case they wanted to play any of those maps, I'm more than happy to remove access to those additional maps and only allow the /map command to display maps in the official map cycle. I am also not going to bother to zone/fix any of the maps not currently on the map cycle but on the server.

If you would like any maps added from that, please suggest them and we will get them added. We recently added 20+ maps and will be adding another 10 in the next few days.

4.) TREATMENT OF PLAYERS BY ADMINS. I really don't want to delve into this topic as myself and my friend group are considered the most toxic of them all, but some of the mutes/gags/silences dished out to people not in the 'friend circle' are ridiculous. I don't want any replies on this post relate to this point as if this post is more about the fundamental errors of the server, if you would like to objectively discuss it in depth, pm me on discord @noods#1292.

Sorry but we don't tolerate abuse, bullying, death threats or anything like that on the servers. If someone is going to be hostile to someone else on our server, then they will be punished. If you are going to get a group of friends to gang up on admins and promote abuse, you'll be punished. If you want to do any of that, then do it away from the server and stop disrupting the server be muted in the first place.  If you think you have been unfairly treated then shadowplay it. I can look into a demo system soon that auto records and you can just download the .dem from our server if you want to review anything.

5.) I DONT HAVE VETERAN GROUP ON THE FORUM.

That's about it guys. This server is the biggest Australian GO surf server right now, I know a lot of people will blow this post off because its ME, but a lot of the stuff i say is true and does need to be fixed. Thanks guys

Also, anyone else that feels I missed anything please chuck it in.

There is a lot of work being done behind the scenes on timer updates and bugs/issues.

Thanks for the suggestions.

• My Name is Tito locked this topic