SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

The issue with team stacking

Taqo

Team stacking is one of the worst problems right now on the casual competitive server. I do like how they fixed the spawn team flashing issue but team stacking is still the worst. and Runners up would be Delaying and saving every single round, haha @Hunter @Lulu

Now I've seen when a staff member is on they can do a command that evens the teams immediately. This command should happen every single game so pistol round and afterwards is even. 12v8's and 14v10's and so on. And even then afterwards mid game everyone joins the winning team over & over. Another issue is people join mid round and join a team, then they join the winning team straight away. Same thing when people join spectators to see who's winning and then joins the winning team. Now for this I'm not to sure what is the best way to fix this but I can only guess making a cooldown on joining/swapping teams.

Edited by Taqo

thanks for the thread taqo, however we can't do much if people quit or swap teams between rounds making the following round uneven, it usually automatically balances teams the following round after a round is uneven.

when an admin is on we can always swap the player that is stacking back to his team, in some cases some players just want to be on their friends team and that's understandable but they have to understand a balance is required to make teams fair and the game enjoyable for the rest, we can always swap them back if they got a reason.

in general, casual servers are always like this, a whole match can be screwed because first round someone stacked, second round someone quit, third round someone swapped, 4th round top fragger swapped to help, etc.. the whole match ends up unfair for one team. we just gotta deal with it.

if a match is filled with swapping making every round uneven, call in an admin such as my self and we will supervise it to make sure no one ruining the balance every round. add me I am on most days after work til bed time

Disregard Females, Acquire Currency

I understand but I think the auto balance ON pistol round is a must, last 3 games this arvo have been ridiculous teams on pistols

I totally agree that teamstacking is a major issue. But if there is no admin on then we cant scramble the teams.

The auto balance works after two rounds fixing up the uneven teams, this is not a command run by any admin but is part of the server.

Start of the game if we notice in warmup its 12v8 we can run the scramble command but the problem is that it swaps people from both sides to shuffle the whole server, then you have the issue like Bullee stated where people change to play with friends or say theyre playing with a "friend" anyway.

The mid game command requires a vote to take place as it also scrambles the teams also, but you will still find people swapping a round or two later or a bunch of people crack a wobbley and just leave the server.

There is a rule that was put in place a few months ago which we now use to kick people who dont listen. 

There is also a issue with our swap command atm causing the player to just swap to one team then it swaps them back, but from my understanding pantha has worked out that the admin menu swap command works the way it should. Nevertheless these can only be fixed while a admin is on and half the time it is just alot easier to wait for the autobalance to kick in as if you swap someone then all you will get is complaining.

Is there a plugin which stops people from swapping teams if it would make the difference between teams greater than 1? I feel like this would fix people swapping teams between rounds. It would also be useful for enforcing team equality on warmup, prior to pistols. 

23 minutes ago, Winged_Raven said:

Is there a plugin which stops people from swapping teams if it would make the difference between teams greater than 1? I feel like this would fix people swapping teams between rounds. It would also be useful for enforcing team equality on warmup, prior to pistols. 

@skyprah is there such a thing? would be interested to know

Disregard Females, Acquire Currency

I honestly think there should be a plugin that STOPS anyone from switching teams as soon as they pick one. Yeah we do have an auto balance plugin but it kicks in like 2 rounds later. And what @-[pkN24!7]- said is true, if there is no admin on we cannot scramble it.

'Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.'  — Bill Nye

Agreed, Team stacking is an issue that should be fixed sooner rather than later. But, There have been times where we want to scramble the teams but when a vote is held no one wants to.  I agree with what raven said, if there was a plug in that allowed switching teams if there was a less than one player difference then it would be an improvement as if this were to happen it would allow a friend to join you but also if the other team is losing you can go and help them without a problem. But with all plug ins it gets to a point where they are abused. Take the !ws system for example, you will always find people hiding in spawn trying to find some "cool" skin that they think will make them play better.

-

- Discord: Ethannn#9937 - 

- Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Retroviper/ -

20 hours ago, Winged_Raven said:

I think i recall bossman saying he can actually set this through the server settings. I'll check with mr manager @panthA and maybe he can check it out if so.

+1

considering theres times when pistols are going 13v5, there definitely has to be some sort of fix to the issue. if theres a plugin that exists as said before which fixes this issue by not allowing people to stack back, that'd be great. or make it so that in warmup people can switch around and if the teams are unbalanced, it gets automatically rebalanced.

megu2.jpg.b1aafc5d1f64e2f51f1544acdb30a749.jpgFUCK I LOST ALL MY POINTS AGAIN

rin2.png.6abd305e922c6d056c4ce962f5fb0631.pngI really like anime if you couldn't tell.

doitforher.jpg

tbh just make it where you cant switch teams. People have replied on this thread that sometimes they just want to be on their friends team. So? I've been warmed many times for switching to be on my mates team, even if they're losing???

1 hour ago, Taqo said:

tbh just make it where you cant switch teams. People have replied on this thread that sometimes they just want to be on their friends team. So? I've been warmed many times for switching to be on my mates team, even if they're losing???

I cannot speak in regards to the concrete rules for this but what do you define as losing? If the match is an absolute blowout, I've swapped to the losing team and never been punished by an Admin for such. If it is 7-12 but the losing team is on a large round win streak, I can understand punishing players for switching. 

Completely disabling team switching is too far Imo. There needs to be a very limited leeway where people can switch to play with friends(or join the losing team to balance the skill) but cannot abuse the system because they are worried about losing virtual points. 

Edited by Winged_Raven
Wording

57 minutes ago, Winged_Raven said:

I cannot speak in regards to the concrete rules for this but what do you define as losing? If the match is an absolute blowout, I've swapped to the losing team and never been punished by an Admin for such. If it is 7-12 but the losing team is on a large round win streak, I can understand punishing players for switching. 

Completely disabling team switching is too far Imo. There needs to be a very limited leeway where people can switch to play with friends(or join the losing team to balance the skill) but cannot abuse the system because they are worried about losing virtual points. 

+1

I am in agreement with this. Although how to do it is the question

megu2.jpg.b1aafc5d1f64e2f51f1544acdb30a749.jpgFUCK I LOST ALL MY POINTS AGAIN

rin2.png.6abd305e922c6d056c4ce962f5fb0631.pngI really like anime if you couldn't tell.

doitforher.jpg

Can an admin actually suggest this to skyprah or something because its been weeks and Im getting tired of versing 13v8 etc on pistol rounds and having people continuously swap team through out the game 

@skyprah

Can you please at least respond? this shit is getting out of hand to the point where it's not even fun, just having everyone swap because the teams losing.

Like atleast respond and tell me if you're doing something or if you're doing shit all? just a small update to this shit server can make it good again.

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search