SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Feedback of Fun Mod :)

Jenny

Hello KZG, 

Yesterday my mates introduced me to the Fun Mod server, and I thought I would leave a thread to leave my feedback, hoping that it doesn't leave me looking like a dumbass :) . I also only have 1h~ on the server so this is based off my experience so far, hopefully this feedback will benefit the server and eventually let it gain popularity over time.

So during my time yesterday I actually did have quite a bit of fun, even tho there was only about 5-6 people on the server, it didn't take away from the fact that you could kinda just chill out and mess around for a bit if you didn't feel like playing seriously or if you wanted something else to do.

Here's where the feedback actually starts:

Game Modes:

So I played a few different game modes yesterday and they all seemed pretty enjoyable. I mostly enjoyed one of the deagle maps and the scout knives map when there tends to me more people on, it tends to get a bit difficult but its still pretty cool. I'm also certain a variety of new modes will eventually be added into the map pool as the server grows larger, and the general server popularity will rise. So in terms of game modes, I think everything is all good so far, maybe change the map time of each map to about 20 mins so that people who are connected longer get more of a chance to see what they like and try out all of the modes that they can. Changing the map time would also lower the chances of mid round rtv's and of people getting a bit bored from the map dragging out too long.

In-Game Shop:

Now here's what I'm thinking and I'm sure a lot of other people are too... Some of the shop items at the moment are WAYYY TO OP. And from what I understand, it's setup so that the more time players invest into the server, the more perks they get = the more fun they have. While this is good, it doesn't stop the items being too overpowered and potentially ruining the fun for other people, (especially new players like me). Imagine this: The server has grown in popularity and there's now 12-15 people playing on the server at once (I'm not really sure how many slots the server can take, but even this number would be out of control). They are all regular players and know each other well, but since they are all regulars, they all have heaps of in-game money, and are all high levels, which leads to them using store perks a whole lot more than they should be used. While I was on yesterday, my friend bought this thing where he could just no-clip around the map and basically stab everyone in their spawn if he really wanted to. Imagine 15 people all trying to do that on one small map that was meant for a certain mode, not for everyone flying around, and not really playing the mode. Now this is where my opinion is strong and how I feel about the store. I personally think that the in-game store perks for higher ranked players should still be better than most other players, but not to the point of which they are flying around as fast as they want knifing everyone on the other team, because it really ruins the vibe of the gamemode and takes the fun out of it for others.

Alright so that's it for now, tbh I feel like I've forgotten to put in a fair bit, but if I think of anything, I'll make sure I let someone know or make a new thread :) 

As for me, I generally play on the retakes servers a fair bit, and occasionally come on the AWP server and 1v1 Arena's so if you ever see me on, make sure u say hi :D 

Kind regards, Jenny.

All regular players once started where you guys find yourselves now. We grinded to achieve these bonuses as they are called, and they increase in use as the higher level you get. There are definitely bonuses that us regulars even see to op and want removed as well. As for the noclip, that comes from rtd (roll the dice) and gives you a random powerup whenever you type rtd in chat. Only 1 person per round per team can use rtd, or if its a dm its every 90 seconds.

As for your first point, I'm sure there will be new maps and new gamemodes being released soon enough, bringing a new and wider map pool, accommodating the amount of players from few to full.

Something to look forward to, so make sure to keep an eye out for it.

Thanks again for the feedback as it is much appreciated

-zuelhs

I do NOT agree with shop items being op. They are fair, and the cost the right amount of money. Some items like for example expolisve bullets are very powerfull, and in certain maps it is crazy op but still there should be no reason to be removed. Maybe just reduced on dmg and area dmg. I do understand what you mean about the more time players having more Fun, but to be honest when i was a low level i loved the concept of being the higher lvl the stronger and better since if not, everyone would be op and there wouldnt really be any point on trying to level up since you would arleady have everything. There are a few bonuses that i can also call OP.

1. Respawn: This feature might be removed in the next update but still, i overall think that all that should be done to it would be the cost price. It currently costs 7k, which is NOTHING since the ppl with revive which = lvl 55 will have more than 1 million. 

2. You're friend did NOT buy something so that he can no-clip around the map. That is called ZEUS and is an RTD. 

3. Rtd are not OP since a lot of ppl don't use it due to it having chances of behind bad just like good.

4. I agree with the idea of having lower players with a bit better bonuses, but just like you said, we don't want everyone having OP perks do we? Therefore make it a harder thing to achive by putting the better bonuses at a higher lvl. (it also makes good profit to the serversince ppl buy xp for it)

5. There are plenty of high lvl perks that are terrible such as boost jump and molly nades. 

I like you idea and opinion, some of your points are correct but these are some that i dont agree with. 

Thanks for creating this though, good way to get ppls opinion too.

Regards, 

Spinner

Dtf.gif

856410_1002.png

1 hour ago, Jenny said:

The server has grown in popularity and there's now 12-15 people playing on the server at once (I'm not really sure how many slots the server can take, but even this number would be out of control).

It depends on what map you vote for

1638177744_ScreenShot2019-01-21at12_49_03pm.thumb.png.ebc9c49366ed490138e4727c4799d7ab.png

320148143_tenor(1).gif.cbc35eddbe7e39c41726d3d7dd9f4865.gif

76561198165700478.png

856120_1001.png.32fba070b2f90112925ff3f585dce2be.pngsig_856120_11_2_en.png

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

sig_856120_11_2_en.png

sig_856120_11_2_en.png

36 minutes ago, Bismuth said:

It depends on what map you vote for

1638177744_ScreenShot2019-01-21at12_49_03pm.thumb.png.ebc9c49366ed490138e4727c4799d7ab.png

yeah of course but there is a fair few small maps that are pretty popular and could get a bit out of hand

2 hours ago, zuelhs said:

All regular players once started where you guys find yourselves now. We grinded to achieve these bonuses as they are called, and they increase in use as the higher level you get. There are definitely bonuses that us regulars even see to op and want removed as well. As for the noclip, that comes from rtd (roll the dice) and gives you a random powerup whenever you type rtd in chat. Only 1 person per round per team can use rtd, or if its a dm its every 90 seconds.

As for your first point, I'm sure there will be new maps and new gamemodes being released soon enough, bringing a new and wider map pool, accommodating the amount of players from few to full.

Something to look forward to, so make sure to keep an eye out for it.

Thanks again for the feedback as it is much appreciated

-zuelhs

As Zuelhs stated we all once started out as low levels. Low level bonuses are probably some of the best that i still use. Keep in mind you can only have 5 bonuses no matter you level or status on server. Some early game bonuses like knife jump and double jump can be really handy especially when used with parachute. RTD's can be used more than 1 round depending on the RTD and if they die, etc. I personally never use the shop and have like 20million just sitting there. Occasionally i will buy jet-Pack and other items but that is about it. Shop items are well balanced and not overpowered imo.

1 hour ago, Jenny said:

yeah of course but there is a fair few small maps that are pretty popular and could get a bit out of hand

Now for the map pool. There are plently of maps. Quite a lot but they often dont get played as people vote for there favourite of the maps. Small maps are hectic when there are quite a few people on and i think it adds to the fun.  I will agree some maps with loads of ppl can get annoying but you can alaways RTV.

3 hours ago, Jenny said:

I'm also certain a variety of new modes will eventually be added into the map pool as the server grows larger, and the general server popularity will rise. So in terms of game modes, I think everything is all good so far, maybe change the map time of each map to about 20 mins so that people who are connected longer get more of a chance to see what they like and try out all of the modes that they can. Changing the map time would also lower the chances of mid round rtv's and of people getting a bit bored from the map dragging out too long.

During holidays the server has reached almost maximum slots and its not that fun when its full. Honestly the current map time is pretty good i am not sure of the exact time but it is probabaly around 20 minutes already.

but hey this is just my 2 cents of what i think

Cheers,

Wolfleader! :D
Fun Server Administrator!! <3 

https://gyazo.com/f199fc18ddb0b24331b171898ed92443

1 hour ago, zuelhs said:

@spinner Jenny was referring to the bonuses not shop items. He was most likely talking about the abilities such as blink and revive.

yeah im not completely sure of what they are mostly because I chose not to use any and just play around with the original mode, but when theres a whole lot of people using them I find it kinda ruins the experience

2 hours ago, zuelhs said:

@spinner Jenny was referring to the bonuses not shop items. He was most likely talking about the abilities such as blink and revive.

yes i know, but he also said shop items which he was reffering to explosive bullets and others.

Dtf.gif

856410_1002.png

5 hours ago, Jenny said:

Now here's what I'm thinking and I'm sure a lot of other people are too... Some of the shop items at the moment are WAYYY TO OP. And from what I understand, it's setup so that the more time players invest into the server, the more perks they get = the more fun they have. While this is good, it doesn't stop the items being too overpowered and potentially ruining the fun for other people

I agree with this, this is my option we should remove smart and explosive bullets out of the shop and leave it in gift boxes because it's way to overpowered on maps like poolday etc. 

320148143_tenor(1).gif.cbc35eddbe7e39c41726d3d7dd9f4865.gif

76561198165700478.png

856120_1001.png.32fba070b2f90112925ff3f585dce2be.pngsig_856120_11_2_en.png

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

sig_856120_11_2_en.png

sig_856120_11_2_en.png

3 hours ago, Bismuth said:

I agree with this, this is my option we should remove smart and explosive bullets out of the shop and leave it in gift boxes because it's way to overpowered on maps like poolday etc. 

I do to somewhat agree with this, However. Due to the fact that money really isn't a hard thing to come by on the server I feel its balanced as its accessible by *MOST* players (Not all, I do understand that. But most)

I definitely see the frustration in them being used, However as we both know Bismuth that all it takes is 1 bullet to take those perks off the other players. Making them easy game for anyone still alive.

Just my opinion

-Kaotic

951173_101.png - KZG Fun Server

We also have to realise that you cant expect everything to be accessible and given to you as a new player. Playing on the server is its own reward and does require somewhat of an effort to get what you want. Whether its a op ability or a god tier shop item. And as previous people have stated, rtd and shop aren't used all that much.

Big Changes to FunMod Coming

- rework Bank System

Money will no longer be saved only can earning money up to $60k on map

- rework Item Shop

All items you buy will stay up to the end of the map

+ lot new items

- New maps with new gamemodes e.g. Control Point mode

screen from new maps (WiP)

CE42A7CFF039B78ECE43865EE09989C51EA94CFA

9E19F0F64D57CCD0376ACD156C414A610C48E477

FDCDB80C326B01549898A2671778FFA24571CF65

and lot new bonuses and rtd items

Wow that's amazing work. There are some things that concern me:

Firstly, with this update is the fact that items purchased will stay until the map ends. This could be highly abused with explosive bullets if an entire team has them (e.g 6v6 on poolday with everyone having explosive bullets would be a complete nightmare). Unless the prices for items are being updated so that it's harder to get,.

Secondly, there was no mention of a change to the /bonuses. The current playerbase hasn't been very happy due to some abilities being to OP and having a massive advantage over other players. In saying this, of course i'm referring to blink and revive.

Thirdly, a common way that players get VIP for the fun server is through gaining $5 million in-game money. When this rework for the money comes in, how will this affect the way of purchasing VIP?

If you could get back to me that would be great.

-zuelhs

Edited by zuelhs

4 hours ago, zuelhs said:

Wow that's amazing work. There are some things that concern me:

Firstly, with this update is the fact that items purchased will stay until the map ends. This could be highly abused with explosive bullets if an entire team has them (e.g 6v6 on poolday with everyone having explosive bullets would be a complete nightmare). Unless the prices for items are being updated so that it's harder to get,.

Secondly, there was no mention of a change to the /bonuses. The current playerbase hasn't been very happy due to some abilities being to OP and having a massive advantage over other players. In saying this, of course i'm referring to blink and revive.

Thirdly, a common way that players get VIP for the fun server is through gaining $5 million in-game money. When this rework for the money comes in, how will this affect the way of purchasing VIP?

If you could get back to me that would be great.

-zuelhs

He says at the bottom "and lot new bonuses and rtd items"

So the bonuses wil be reworked. honestly explosive bullets aren't that OP they deal little to no extra damage. the Splash damage is it something like 1hp which really doesnt do much.

I am sure there will be another way to get free VIP. Maybe FVIP?? with maybe a few less features. <3 

its not letting me ping u sorry.

Cheers,

Wolfleader! :D
Fun Server Administrator!! <3 

https://gyazo.com/f199fc18ddb0b24331b171898ed92443

all gucci. just making sure cause it didnt say "reworking" the bonuses (Con someone please confirm that revive is out pls <3). As for explosive bullets, they can be op on certain maps (e.g 3doors, poolday).

• 2 weeks later...