SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Casual Competitive.

Taqo

I made a post like this around a year ago, may even a little longer. And that was definitely poorly done so i'm going to remake it now. But this post is about how the casual competitive isn't in the greatest place right now. But it is better than what it was. And here are some ideas that could improve it .

Map Cycle:

• A little hard to describe this correctly but I'll try. Most of the time the server is on Mirage, Cache and inferno. Which doesn't really let the other maps like overpass and train to be played. A LOT of the time the map cycle will go like this; Mirage > Cache > Mirage and then inferno or some other map. Making it where a map can't be played more than once within 3 rotations would help space it out more. So you wouldn't be able to do my first example, It would look like this; Mirage > Cache > Overpass and then mirage. (Obviously these are just examples and could be with other maps etc.

• This one does kind of ignores / disregards my first point. But I would like to see the old workshop maps being added back in. Playing Mirage dusk for example or the texture changed cache use to be so fun, and were just something that was refreshing but wasn't a complete change. I'm talking about the versions that had 100% of the normal layout. Just had different textures in some parts or the snow/dusk versions.

• Obviously I get why adding vertigo would be way to annoying. But adding some of the other maps back in would be nice, Like; Nuke / Cobblestone for sure. Although i'd like to see abbey and biome also added, I 100% understand that would be pretty annoying considering they are relatively small. I know a lot of people had FPS problems on nuke, But they fixed that a while ago but I do understand how people still might lag on there but that'd mostly just be whens it's a full server with everyone spamming smokes etc.

Bugs & "Features":

• Throwing the bomb. This is a major issue that happens a lot. Basically Counter Terrorist can press E (+use) to throw the bomb. Which causes a lot of rounds to be won, all because a single CT can throw the bomb either towards CT spawn or just CT side of the map. I don't really know what causes this but I'm guessing it's just some other plugin and this is just a bug. Now staff have said that if you do it, They will kick/ban you as a result. *** NO FLAME INTENDED *** But fedora and some of the other staff have just done this themselves saying it's a feature. Please....

• !dm . This one allows you to give money to fellow team mates and enemies. This is a good idea but it shouldn't be allowed to be done on pistol rounds. I remember on my last post an admin said it's intended to promote team work etc. Which I get they want that, But it still is highly unfair getting ran down by someone with a SMG and head armour on pistol round.

Punishments:

• I am being serious here, I honestly am not looking for trouble or trying to talk shit etc i'm just going to be stating facts :)

Now Hunter as we all know and love does his thing where he tries to get the best KD possible. Which results him saving on the 30th round of a game no matter if it's a 1v1 or not. Now I will admit he is going for more plays etc and not saving as much as he use to. But I've seen some other people, myself included. Saving at the end of the round when it's a 1v8 etc and not having enough money to buy again. Which results in saving which is fine, But they warn others for doing a proper save and they call it "delaying the game and warn us for it."  But Hunter doesn't get a warning or anything. I understand and agree with anyone saving as long as it's for the right reasons.

22 minutes ago, Taqo said:

I made a post like this around a year ago, may even a little longer. And that was definitely poorly done so i'm going to remake it now. But this post is about how the casual competitive isn't in the greatest place right now. But it is better than what it was. And here are some ideas that could improve it .

Map Cycle:

• A little hard to describe this correctly but I'll try. Most of the time the server is on Mirage, Cache and inferno. Which doesn't really let the other maps like overpass and train to be played. A LOT of the time the map cycle will go like this; Mirage > Cache > Mirage and then inferno or some other map. Making it where a map can't be played more than once within 3 rotations would help space it out more. So you wouldn't be able to do my first example, It would look like this; Mirage > Cache > Overpass and then mirage. (Obviously these are just examples and could be with other maps etc.

• This one does kind of ignores / disregards my first point. But I would like to see the old workshop maps being added back in. Playing Mirage dusk for example or the texture changed cache use to be so fun, and were just something that was refreshing but wasn't a complete change. I'm talking about the versions that had 100% of the normal layout. Just had different textures in some parts or the snow/dusk versions.

• Obviously I get why adding vertigo would be way to annoying. But adding some of the other maps back in would be nice, Like; Nuke / Cobblestone for sure. Although i'd like to see abbey and biome also added, I 100% understand that would be pretty annoying considering they are relatively small. I know a lot of people had FPS problems on nuke, But they fixed that a while ago but I do understand how people still might lag on there but that'd mostly just be whens it's a full server with everyone spamming smokes etc.

Bugs & "Features":

• Throwing the bomb. This is a major issue that happens a lot. Basically Counter Terrorist can press E (+use) to throw the bomb. Which causes a lot of rounds to be won, all because a single CT can throw the bomb either towards CT spawn or just CT side of the map. I don't really know what causes this but I'm guessing it's just some other plugin and this is just a bug. Now staff have said that if you do it, They will kick/ban you as a result. *** NO FLAME INTENDED *** But fedora and some of the other staff have just done this themselves saying it's a feature. Please....

• !dm . This one allows you to give money to fellow team mates and enemies. This is a good idea but it shouldn't be allowed to be done on pistol rounds. I remember on my last post an admin said it's intended to promote team work etc. Which I get they want that, But it still is highly unfair getting ran down by someone with a SMG and head armour on pistol round.

Punishments:

• I am being serious here, I honestly am not looking for trouble or trying to talk shit etc i'm just going to be stating facts :)

Now Hunter as we all know and love does his thing where he tries to get the best KD possible. Which results him saving on the 30th round of a game no matter if it's a 1v1 or not. Now I will admit he is going for more plays etc and not saving as much as he use to. But I've seen some other people, myself included. Saving at the end of the round when it's a 1v8 etc and not having enough money to buy again. Which results in saving which is fine, But they warn others for doing a proper save and they call it "delaying the game and warn us for it."  But Hunter doesn't get a warning or anything. I understand and agree with anyone saving as long as it's for the right reasons.

Thanks for the suggestions and more mature approach this time. I will look into the bomb issue but can't see anything currently to cause it (thought I removed the culprit last time.) 

As for !dm, yes I was supposed to do this when it was added as I could see that being a minor issue. What are we calling pistol rounds? The first 3 rounds of the map and the first 3 of the half time swap?

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search