SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

fucknut (durch technik)'s Unban Appeal

fucknut

Steam Account Name: fucknut (durch technik)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:53836700

Alternate Accounts: STEAM_0:1:19084073

Server Group: AIM 
Server:  Retake

Date / Time of Ban: 05-07-19 12:34

Admin that Punished You: unknown

Reason for Ban: [SourceSleuth] Duplicate account

Why I should be unbanned / unmuted: Played a fair bit of the retake servers. All of a sudden I'm banned, as of last night (on both steam accounts; i'm not sure if i've even played the kzg retakes recently on the alternate one). Not sure what else to say here .. No other retake server hosters have execute modes for retake so I'd like to be unbanned. Maybe ask anyone who plays them regularly that you know and possibly they'd recognize my name?

Edited by fucknut
included time & reason etc

Hey mate, attached is a snippet of your ban including the server it took place from. I am in a similar position, it will probably help fast track if you can confirm the below:

1. Do you or have you used a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to access any KZG servers?

2. Has/does anyone in your household play CS:GO on KZG servers?

3. Do you have any alternate accounts that you may have used to join KZG servers (Excluding the two youve mentioned?)

Screenshot_2019-05-08-18-15-56-970_com.android.chrome.png

Further I did query sourcebans for your other STEAMID but I was not able to locate anything (I did perform this on a mobile so I may or spaghetti'd the copy paste).

26 minutes ago, Nintendope said:

Hey mate, attached is a snippet of your ban including the server it took place from. I am in a similar position, it will probably help fast track if you can confirm the below:

1. Do you or have you used a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to access any KZG servers?

2. Has/does anyone in your household play CS:GO on KZG servers?

3. Do you have any alternate accounts that you may have used to join KZG servers (Excluding the two youve mentioned?)

Cheers for the reply =]

1.No
2.No, not other than me
3. No

Positive. I mightve had a VPN installed like over a year ago on my old PC but thats all I can think of

edit: now that I think about it, recently ive been having a lot of net issues. Sometimes I've had to switch between Wifi and ethernet (via powerline adapter) when im in-game because of lag spikes, but I haven't had to do that for about a week now since I switched powerline adapters. A shot in the dark but I thought i'd mention it since it seems it could be network related. 

Edited by fucknut

4 minutes ago, fucknut said:

Positive. I mightve had a VPN installed like over a year ago on my old PC but thats all I can think of

edit: now that I think about it, recently ive been having a lot of net issues. Sometimes I've had to switch between Wifi and ethernet (via powerline adapter) when im in-game because of lag spikes, but I haven't had to do that for about a week now since I switched powerline adapters. A shot in the dark but I thought i'd mention it since it seems it could be network related. 

Hey man, just to double check when you're switching between the two you're still connecting to the same router? If that is a yes, your public IP would stay the same.

Just now, Nintendope said:

Hey man, just to double check when you're switching between the two you're still connecting to the same router? If that is a yes, your public IP would stay the same.

Yep always same router and cheers

Hi FuckNut

Well if you do not use a VPN it means that another account on your IP has been banned :/ 

Unfortunately only Community Directors and the owner can see the linked account.

It is best that you own up now to having any other accounts. However it is possible that it could be a false ban

Cheers,

Wolfleader! :D
Fun Server Administrator!! <3 

https://gyazo.com/f199fc18ddb0b24331b171898ed92443

11 minutes ago, Wolfleader said:

Hi FuckNut

Well if you do not use a VPN it means that another account on your IP has been banned :/ 

Unfortunately only Community Directors and the owner can see the linked account.

It is best that you own up now to having any other accounts. However it is possible that it could be a false ban

Hey Wolf, 

Don't want to be that guy but I can confidently say that I have not been banned on any of KZGs servers nor does SourceBans indicate my accounts have received previous infractions yet I am also in the same boat as FuckNut here.

After perusing SourceBans there has been a high trend of users receiving the same ban 'Duplicate Account'. I have delved further into how source sleuth works via IP, seeing as the entry i used to connect to the server is less that 2 weeks old to myself it is not possible for my account to be recognised as duplicate leasing unless the previous owner of my IP leasing and some ban associated (Which is highly unlikely compared to the amount of incoming unban requests).

Look man, There are ONLY two reasons this can happen. VPN and someone else/another account is BANNED on KZG servers. There is no false bans at all when it comes to this, There is no need to lie or hide anything about a previous ban or something. Either way someone was banned or you had a vpn on and it was blocked by the anti-VPN plugin. If you are lying in anyway and found out you will most likely be denied. If there is some sort of genuine issue that happened you will need to find what happened because we will have no clue otherwise and assume it will be a ban invade, but thats the reason why you were banned for 'Duplicate Accounts'

Edited by drk

33 minutes ago, drk said:

Look man, There are ONLY two reasons this can happen. VPN and someone else/another account is BANNED on KZG servers. There is no false bans at all when it comes to this, There is no need to lie or hide anything about a previous ban or something. Either way someone was banned or you had a vpn on and it was blocked by the anti-VPN plugin. If you are lying in anyway and found out you will most likely be denied. If there is some sort of genuine issue that happened you will need to find what happened because we will have no clue otherwise and assume it will be a ban invade, but thats the reason why you were banned for 'Duplicate Accounts'

SourceSleuth queries against SourceBans identifying if you are connecting via a known banned IP.  My ISP provides me with a dynamic IP, furthermore I have recently moved residencies, again this will also alter my IP address as it is not static. Additionally, Sourcebans does not allow a user to query against IP address therefore I can't provide ANY further evidence against a incorrect ban. It is quite naive to say the plugin can't be at fault here as there are a few posts on various forums where incorrect bans have been handed out (I will not post these as this breaks KZG's rules - It has also been approx 4+ years since the plugin has been updated/hotfixed).

Edited by Nintendope
Grammar

4 hours ago, drk said:

Look man, There are ONLY two reasons this can happen. VPN and someone else/another account is BANNED on KZG servers. There is no false bans at all when it comes to this, There is no need to lie or hide anything about a previous ban or something. Either way someone was banned or you had a vpn on and it was blocked by the anti-VPN plugin. If you are lying in anyway and found out you will most likely be denied. 

I'm 100% sure I've never installed or used any kind of VPN on this new computer. I built it about a month and a half ago which is when i started playing cs again after quite a while. And I simply have not logged into any other steam accounts (other than the two I listed) for at-least two or three years. From where I'm standing, it seems that false bans do occur.

4 hours ago, drk said:

If there is some sort of genuine issue that happened you will need to find what happened because we will have no clue otherwise and assume it will be a ban invade, but thats the reason why you were banned for 'Duplicate Accounts'

Not trying to be argumentative, but does it make sense that it falls entirely on me to determine what the problem is/was? I'm the one that was banned out of the blue without being shown any concrete reason as to why and I haven't a clue how it all works.

Surely you understand my dilemma, given what I've said; what can I possibly do? 

I understand it seems you can't investigate the problem either. If, from your perspectives, the only possibility is that I'm lying about something and the only solution here is for me to 'fess up', then I guess there's nothing left to be done. I'll miss the executes servers though

5 hours ago, Wolfleader said:

If it's a false ban is there anything that can be done? 

I've just now recovered an old account (STEAM_0:1:36436383) but like I said, I hadn't logged into it in years, and I can see it only has minute of cs played on it.

Anyway, thanks for the replies and any time spent trying to resolve this. Any further help would be appreciated

Edited by fucknut
wording

Yeah i get what you said, Ofc we cant exactly see why you were banned but this must be one of the off chances that something weird happened. But i guess youll just have to wait for the Owner or Community Directors to resolve this, until then youll just have to wait. I know there currently quite busy. Also i didnt mean to seem aggressive or come across that way, cause it seems like i was a bit. But yeah just try looking around to see why this would happen

9 minutes ago, drk said:

Yeah i get what you said, Ofc we cant exactly see why you were banned but this must be one of the off chances that something weird happened. But i guess youll just have to wait for the Owner or Community Directors to resolve this, until then youll just have to wait. I know there currently quite busy. Also i didnt mean to seem aggressive or come across that way, cause it seems like i was a bit. But yeah just try looking around to see why this would happen

No worries man. It's all good I didn't really perceive it that way, you were just getting to the point. Again thanks for the help :)

• 8 months later...
  • Nyalon locked this topic