SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

skill surf

Dubzz Fx

Hello I am Dubzz Fx and I'm 15 years of age, I've been playing for while now I'm currently rank 4 on skill surf and here is a small list for now with some of the easiest bugs to fix that would make the server alot better and more enjoyable for the people, so lets get started :)

cheated times/glitched times: most of the t1 maps have cheated time such as surf_summit, surf_reprise, surf_nyx, surf_mesa_fix these are not all the maps but their are time are just unbeatable because remove a skip or the start zone like surf_rebel_resistance, surf_egypt and surf_overgrowth2. 

speedcap/server down: Kzg has alot on maps on it that don't have the right speedcap on it such as surf_fornax should be uncapped instead being 3500 surf_interference should be uncapped, surf_reprise should be 4500 surf_flow should be uncapped again this isn't all of them but it is a start. Now with the servers it always to be the top 200 and expert surf are always down so for the people that want to learn t4 plus we can't at this time.

teleport: On some maps that would teleport you do a different part of the map can sometimes make you face backwards witch would make the map unplayable, I don't the maps names but the map would mostly have no completes and I would find them if a admin contacts me. 

max velocity: For the largest problem that effects all maps that actually requires max velocity, there is a peculiar bug which allows your speed to actually reverse your velocity while you should be maintaining max velocity, for example as you come off a ramp at max velocity while gaining velocity in the y direction from gravity, entering a ramp will sit you at 3300 adn you can see it battle itselft to increase speed but ends up losing speed, this should obviously not occur.  This is especially frustrating for maps such as utopia which has max velocity as a major component to the skilled bunch or choose to surf the map for a good time.

2500 speedcap: There is a bug occurring on multiple servers which caps a players speed at 2500, they are not able to exceed this speed throughout any part of the map. Players have tried restarting their game and it becomes a game of luck whether the player can re-join without the speed cap.

If you did take the time out of your day to read this and you agree to what I have to say about the surf servers please tell people so we can spread the word to start making this a more enjoyable to play on 

Dubzz Fx 

I've got a few bugs to include too:

• surf_looksmodern - filters are broken, the fix for it is to spawn the player in the default start room with all the introduction and TVs and not in the stage 1 start zone so it can assign the player a filter
  • surf_overgrowth2 needs a higher speed cap as s2 isn't beatable with a cap
  • When using the command !startpos, sm_back sends you to the saved position, not the start of the stage that you're on.
  • surf_minecraft_2016_final telehops only work when you bhop on the platform that has the teleports, otherwise they don't work.
  • surf_kitsune has 2 bugged times - using !mtop shows that i'm rank 7, but the surf timer and !mrank show that i'm rank 9
  • Spec bots are generally broken - They don't spawn half the time,  or there is a WRCP bot on a linear and no WR bot and the only way to get them back is to cycle the maps and hope one spawns or get a time that is saved by the bots
  • top 200 and expert servers randomly crash and sometimes don't come on for days at a time (top 200 is currently online, but you can't join)
  • surf_tronic_njv just says loading server settings forever and doesn't let you play

i probably have more things to add, but can't remember them.

Also add options to chose what your times are compared to (instead of comparing to WR in a run, compare to the rank 10 time) plz.

Big +1.

Having problems in life and need to let it out? Send me a DM, I'm always available to listen! You're not alone! #KickOn

Thank you very much for taking time to post this! We are aware of issues like these already, but I will alert surf team and ask them to provide opinions, other issues and suggestion on this post as well.

- Clifford | Senior Administrator

:harambe: :silver: 

Finally someone who makes sense on this server!
another couple bugs to include
- When certain moderators join the server it will put a weird effect on the mid screen surftimer.
It will move it from the middle of screen to the left and it will flash green. This will constantly flicker between normal and broken until the moderator leaves. It's the type of thing the average surfer doesn't use but is really annoying for the higher tier users trying to keep track of units + if you have spectators it will go behind their names. I've asked said moderators about it while it's occurring and I've always been brushed off or ignored.

- A lot of maps still have the checkpoint glitch which makes them unable to be completed, Mesa_mine being the most notable for how frequently people try to play it.

Please at least fix some issues in this thread to show any of it is actually being worked on and not just passed into "we'll work on it" folder never to be looked at again.
It's a shame to see so much potential in a surf server be wasted and considered a joke in the wider community

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for taking time to post this! We are aware of issues like these already, but we can't be bothered to do anything about them! We already know that our servers are the laughingstock of surf servers, but who cares? They are just opinions and we don't care about them, just like we don't care about the opinions of the experienced surfers who play on our servers!

- All Administrators

Hi,

Thank you very much for taking your time to respond to Clifford, unfortunately acting like an idiot isn't going to get anything anywhere. Now if you are unhappy with servers please go somewhere else, oh wait my bad you've already spent half of your play time on the Killzonegaming skill surf server and have no where else to go.

Yours Truly,

IrrelevantX

• 9 months later...

@drk @Skill Surf Head Admin @Skill Surf Manager

please take a look at this suggestion.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

ruthles_kila
Jump Server Manager

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search