SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

changes and improvements to 1v1 server singapore

magn0lia

hi guys, its magn0lia here. I have been playing on this server for a decent amount of time now (arnd 6 days, 6 hours), and i would like to feedback many changes that can be put in to allow for a better gaming experience for all, and i hope at least some of these changes can be implemented and the server is not being given up on. 

firstly, i have had this recurring issue of the whole csgo game crashing after loading into the map (usually around first 2 rounds). it is frustrating and annoying to restart csgo and let it boot up on your server again before it crashes again. this has brought a huge inconvenience to many of us especially those with lower end builds who cannot run the game as fast as others with higher end builds.

secondly, skins. i think as a !ws server, one of the larger pulling factors to play in your server is that there are skins available for everyone to try on and use. however, the assortment of skins we have as of me writing this post (12 dec 2020), the skins are only updated till the CS20 collection and operation shattered web, which is around a year ago and i have not seen any new skins added from then on. yes, its still a large variety of skins to choose from, however it is not up to date and hopefully can be updated till this operation broken fang's skins.

thirdly, i have a specific issue gameplay-wise. there is a round where it is supposed to be a "1 tap deagle fight", however body shots still count and damage the opponent. this can be unfair towards those who are new to the server. those who already know about this unfortunate "error" in the system would aim the body knowing it would damage instead of the head, which can seem like easy points after defeating the opponent who just joined the server. they may be dissuaded to continue playing in the server, thinking that even a basic gameplay mechanic is not properly functioning..

with that, i hope that someone with some sort of admin role in the server can carry out the appropriate adjustments to make gameplay smoother and more enjoyable for everyone alike. 

warm regards, magn0lia

Hey, 

Thank you for letting us know about these issues, most of these are already known and being worked on, but I'll provide a bit of context to each. 

8 hours ago, magn0lia said:

firstly, i have had this recurring issue of the whole csgo game crashing after loading into the map (usually around first 2 rounds). it is frustrating and annoying to restart csgo and let it boot up on your server again before it crashes again. this has brought a huge inconvenience to many of us especially those with lower end builds who cannot run the game as fast as others with higher end builds.

This is not server sided, it is due to the maps and their interaction with CS:GO. Since the panorama update, support for LDR (low dynamic range) maps has dropped, which means that maps that were complied using LDR have the potential to crash a user's game. Unfortunately, most popular aim maps are compiled with LDR, including am_banana, am_grass2, am_nuke_32 and more, and so the only way to fix this is to remove them from the map pool or find replacements. This is currently being looked at and replacements have been found for most, but in the meantime, everytime you SWITCH maps, so JUST BEFORE a map ends, type retry in console and it will prevent your game crashing. It's a temporary fix, but it's worked 99% of the time for me. 

secondly, skins. i think as a !ws server, one of the larger pulling factors to play in your server is that there are skins available for everyone to try on and use. however, the assortment of skins we have as of me writing this post (12 dec 2020), the skins are only updated till the CS20 collection and operation shattered web, which is around a year ago and i have not seen any new skins added from then on. yes, its still a large variety of skins to choose from, however it is not up to date and hopefully can be updated till this operation broken fang's skins.

!ws takes some time to update, especially because this applies across all KZG servers. It will take some time to update the skins for !ws across all 38 of our servers, however, I'll let the appropriate staff know so they can look into getting this in :)). 

thirdly, i have a specific issue gameplay-wise. there is a round where it is supposed to be a "1 tap deagle fight", however body shots still count and damage the opponent. this can be unfair towards those who are new to the server. those who already know about this unfortunate "error" in the system would aim the body knowing it would damage instead of the head, which can seem like easy points after defeating the opponent who just joined the server. they may be dissuaded to continue playing in the server, thinking that even a basic gameplay mechanic is not properly functioning..

This used to be a problem on the OCE 1v1 server, but it was fixed a couple of months ago, I'll ask the appropriate staff if they can get this fix applied to the 1v1 SG server too. As for now, there's the temporary fix of turning off those rounds, but obviously that's not what we want. Also, please let me know if the HS only round with an assault rifle + pistol (normally AK-47 with P2000) allow you to kill enemies without headshots. 

Thanks for taking the time to write this, and have a great day! 

Management

Discord - Diamond#7161 | Steam - Diiam0nd

On 10/12/2020 at 12:56 AM, magn0lia said:

hi guys, its magn0lia here. I have been playing on this server for a decent amount of time now (arnd 6 days, 6 hours), and i would like to feedback many changes that can be put in to allow for a better gaming experience for all, and i hope at least some of these changes can be implemented and the server is not being given up on. 

with that, i hope that someone with some sort of admin role in the server can carry out the appropriate adjustments to make gameplay smoother and more enjoyable for everyone alike. 

warm regards, magn0lia

the hs round with the p2000 and the ak47 still registers body shots