SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

[SKILL SURF] JonnyBoy's Unmute Appeal

JonnyBoy_

What was your IGN (Steam Name) at the time of the punishment: JonnyBoy
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:58101982
Alternate accounts you have association with that may be attached to the punishment: N/A
Discord Handle: JonnyBoy#9280

What server group / server did you receive the punishment on? SKILL SURF
What server did you receive the punishment on? Noob Surf

What staff member issued the punishment: 

Ban Reason: Randy

Why should I be unbanned / unmuted: I should be unmuted because I was falsely muted, and there is no reason to this punishment except for "toxicity", which I can prove hasn't happened if evidence is requested.

Do you have an evidence that may prove your case: YES, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1qlDxPgzCk
This is the minute and a half leading to the silence.

• Bot

Hi JonnyBoy_,

A member of the Management Team will look in to your Unmute / Unban Appeal.

In the mean time please wait for a response from someone on the team.

The Unmute / Unban Appeal process usually takes 1 week.

DO NOT try to bump this post and / or harass a member of the staff team to have a look at your application.

- Killzone Gaming Management

Evening Jonny, Prior my reply I will correct some formatting for you

What staff member issued the punishment: Randy

Ban Reason: Toxicity (Extend to 1 Month) Randy & Marr

Anyway, Best of Luck and I post everything tomorrow.

All the best 

-Randy

Hey Jonny, 

All of the KZG Community Server Rules: https://killzone.gg/forum/rules/

Note: Before reading this, this is a little rushed because I'm on exam break, dm me if you need me to explain anything that doesn't make sense

Opening

I want to ask you this. "Are you innocent based on proving one claim wrong? If you disprove this time of the mute wrong, are all other claims thrown out the window? If you prove your self innocent in one case, are the rest now innocent, or are you innocent only once?"

I own to explain everything that happened as everything hasn't been a statement, that is on me for not making this statement early. Sorry about that.

I want to make this comment before I explain everything in full. Since your permanent mute, you haven't caused problems for the staff, overall had a good reputation with you, and honestly shocked I need to address everything only recently have you started to cause drama to the highest level. 

Before the day of the mute

Jonny, as you know, and I know because you address when I give you a warning about stuff. The main reason I give you a warning is either that you are starting to become hostile to other players or because you are trying to target out a single-player and convince the server to attack them. Being a former staff member, you should know what is acceptable on KZG and what isn't.

Abuse towards other players will not be tolerated and will be punished with the utmost severity. We understand that the environment on all servers can become heated at times, but the community of Killzone Gaming does not condone any form of toxicity/hate speech/abuse/racism/discrimination. (General Rule 3)

On top of the main rule, you have also, Hot mic-ed, started unwanted and unneeded drama.

So everything leading up to the mute we have, started when I first had to mute you, 13/03/21 (https://bans.killzone.gg/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_1:0:58101982&Submit)

"The reason states that you told someone to kill themselves, Annoying and Hot Micing"

Breaking down that mute alone, when I did it, I have already warned you 2 times, the fist was directed at you because you were harassing someone over how they chose to live their own life and how they wanted to be. After the first warning, I respect you dialled it back to friendly banter, with small jabs in the mix, but not to the point of muting. Your second warning was directed at you and the other player you had beef with. Both of you were warned for the same reason, being overly toxic to another and other players on the server. When you got the second warning and before the warning, I got asked to mute you, I defended, saying I'm not going to mute you just because the community wants you muted. However, you continue with everything and that is when I handed you a 2hr mute, after two warning. Your reaction, to paint me out as the bad guy and saying that I was targeting you. Saying this I would like to ask you something. If I warn everyone else for doing the same thing, and I don't mute them because this was their first warning, am I picking you out of a crowd, or is it that you already knew the outcome?

Taking into account that you got muted for that, a common trend would speak to either stop doing what got you muted or at least tone it back to a point where it isn't worth muting over.

Jonny the days following that mute, I will openly say to the community, you weren't as bad as people were making you out to be, over the time I was online at the same time as you, you proved to a lot of people that you weren't just a toxic kid with a mute, and overall I didn't mind the friendly banter that noob surf was, because you knew to not take it to the point of being muted again. 

However, still in the mix of being someone who followed the rules and guidelines around the rule. Looking back on it, should I have muted you for any of it? No. Should I have warned you? Most likely, and again I'm open to taking the blame for not letting you know to turn it back a bit.

The day of the mute.

So of the day where I finally stepped in with the mute, before me logging in, Marr (Also known as BIG THICCU$ or >:), ) was online on the server, he brought you up with me and told me this about when he first logged in.

"I joined the server to 2-3 people yelling at each other. One of which was Jonny. Was difficult to figure out what was going on initially but there was some pretty toxic shit coming out of Jonny. I asked flub what had happened in dms and said that Jonny had been targeting Hailey again, and it was bob/him having a go back. I asked why everyone was yelling in chat and it calmed down. Then the map changed and someone asked him what he thought about Hailey, where he proceeded to say shit about it being a disability and that Hailey needed treatment etc. Did NOT come across as a joke." - Marr

You then proceed to keep the harassment up and that is where I finally stepped in with the mute, Marr gave out the warning.

Depicting that you were Hailey, looking at it from his point of view. You're on the other end of days of harassment, who is harassing you has a bunch of "yes" man seeming around him, however only supporting him so they don't get bullied. "If your character gets built up as someone who is going to harass, someone who can make you a target, respect means nothing, because the respect is built on fear"

The days leading into your mute, your harassment was targeted at Hailey and at anyone who tried to either get you to stop or told you to be quiet. However, your harassment at Hailey turned server-wide, with you as one of the causes. Openly, that isn't an easy bullet to bit, but it is reality Jonny, your voice has power based on how known you are, you don't think you have power, but you do. On common judgement, I'm going to say to be fair to you, Is it your fault that everyone on the server took your word for everything and used to attack Hailey? No. Should you even have said it in the first place? No.

Sourceban Link to the mute (https://bans.killzone.gg/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_1:0:58101982&Submit)

Date Issued: 16/03/21

Reason Stated: Toxicity (Extend to 1 Month) Randy, Marr

Length of writing this: 3 days

Jonny, understand this, your appeal is basing everything around the fact that you were muted on the fact that this was the only time you have done this. If you prove your self innocent in one case, are the rest now innocent, or are you innocent only once? The reasoning behind your mute was because of the days of harassment and toxicity leading into this, and keep in you got your chances and got your warning to stop, but you didn't

Do I think this mute should be extended to 1 month? No. Most likely, a week, but I'm not in the power to make the call.

Overview

The reason you have been muted is because of your consistence behaviour towards other players on the server, as former staff, you should know what is and isn't acceptable on the server. Your toxicity and hostility towards other members of the community is something that isn't accepted on the KZG server, with the number of warnings you been given in my honest opinion it's fair to mute.

Ending this up, this is something that a lot of people wished could just be looked over and moved on, but saying even after the warning, you just don't listen. I can't tell you the reason why you don't listen to people when they warn you, but that is for you.

If other players have anything I missed or if other staff who have dealt Jonny on the server would like to comment on this, please do.

JonnyBoy. Best of luck with this appeal, hope all the best for you, if there is anything you would like to add to this appeal either comment below this or dm someone privately to talk about this any further. If you have any problems that you need to talk to me privately, my dm's are open, If you have any problems and feel like I'm framing you, then make a support report on me, #support and click Report Staff.

16 minutes ago, ✪ MonsterDaRanD said:

"I joined the server to 2-3 people yelling at each other. One of which was Jonny. Was difficult to figure out what was going on initially but there was some pretty toxic shit coming out of Jonny. I asked flub what had happened in dms and said that Jonny had been targeting Hailey again, and it was bob/him having a go back. I asked why everyone was yelling in chat and it calmed down."

I'd like to give my perspective on this, when on Kitsune the no boost, there were people that were discussing about Hailey to which I joined in to talking with them about Hailey. I will admit that I spoke about her negatively due to my past experiences on the server with her, but I didn't target or incite any form harassment about her at all. BbHwke then chimed in with his two cents, saying that I was speaking about her in a negative light because I was "Hiding the fact that I want to transition". However, one thing that is very wrong about this is that the argument, that is mentioned at the start of the report by Marr, was actually off the topic of Hailey entirely and Bob was screaming at me for being a "band kid" of some sort.

34 minutes ago, ✪ MonsterDaRanD said:

"Then the map changed and someone asked him what he thought about Hailey, where he proceeded to say shit about it being a disability and that Hailey needed treatment etc. Did NOT come across as a joke."

When the next map came, my game crashed and I rejoined. It was about 6 minutes later when Step Indian asked me "Hey Jonny, do you think as a Muslim that it's wrong to kill gays?".

I answered this in a serious tone, saying "I think it's wrong to kill anyone."

He then asked me "Well, if they are gay like Hailey, should we kill them?"

I answered "No, because we can help them get better."

Then he asked me "But what if they are a bit disabled?"

I answered with "Well, they are disabled, and you need to help them get better."

The boldened line above is the quote which is what got me reported by Marr and muted by Randy. I want to make this very clear, when I said that "They are disabled", I was not talking about gay people, I wasn't even talking about transgender people. I was referring to people who suffer from gender dysphoria, an officially recognised mental illness which people must be diagnosed with having in order to have transgender medical operations. Gender dysphoria is a mental disability and when I said "you need to help them get better, I was referring to the medication that people with the mental illness take and the surgeries that they undergo in order to treat the mental illness.

I wasn't saying that Hailey needed treatment, that isn't for me to say. What I was doing was answering questions about whether or not LGBT+ people should die (which I am concerned was never even questioned).

I recorded the whole entirety of the summit conversation if evidence is necessary and the quotes I gave are transcribed from the recording below, showing how "toxic" I really was being in this supposed targeting.

Now to discuss everything else you spoke about,

1 hour ago, ✪ MonsterDaRanD said:

"Are you innocent based on proving one claim wrong? If you disprove this time of the mute wrong, are all other claims thrown out the window? If you prove your self innocent in one case, are the rest now innocent, or are you innocent only once?"

No, of course not, what I want is truth. If I am being toxic and targeting someone, I will admit to it and claim my guilt in doing so. What I will argue is something that is entirely untrue to the point that I get muted and gagged for 3 days for it. This punishment and the reason that it has been given is very much wrong and that's why I am arguing it.

1 hour ago, ✪ MonsterDaRanD said:

Since your permanent mute, you haven't caused problems for the staff, overall had a good reputation with you, and honestly shocked I need to address everything only recently have you started to cause drama to the highest level. 

I want to clarify that my reputation has been good since about the end of 2019 when I took a break for a year from KZG. I was permanently muted based off of a first-glance from (at the time) a recently promoted staff member who saw the amount of mutes that I had dating back to 2016 & 2017 up until that point in time. Due to my age and maturity at 13, I was muted a lot, and for all the right reasons, micspam, actual toxicity, and just being silly. I learned from these mistakes and had built my reputation up after I had arrived back in KZG with somewhat of a fresh start in late 2019. My reputation dates back nearly 2 years ago, long before the false mute took place.

I can understand why you're shocked about my change in mannerisms towards people, but it isn't out of the blue, it's obvious that act differently at certain times on the server compared to other times. My attitude changed based on the players that are on at the time. There are obviously people who do not like me, whether it is because people remember me from before 2019 when I was an annoying squeaker, people who see me as an easy target because of mob mentality/mob rule, or for other personal reasons that they might have, and possibly even random new people who want a kick out of being a dick to players. These are people who you should worry about, not me, they are doing the most damage to the community and are on very often.

Thanks.

• Bot

Hi,

It is our pleasure to accept this Appeal.

Your UNBAN / UNMUTE APPEAL has now been accepted.

ACCEPTED.

- Killzone Gaming Management