SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

[SKILL SURF] Rome's Unmute Appeal

Rome

What was your IGN (Steam Name) at the time of the punishment: Rome
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:32779724
Alternate accounts you have association with that may be attached to the punishment: NONE
Discord Handle: Rome#5936

What server group / server did you receive the punishment on? SKILL SURF
What server did you receive the punishment on? SKILL SURF

What staff member issued the punishment: JD

Ban Reason: "Targeted bullying, Harrasment & Constant Racism towards players, Mic spam and intentionally breaking rules. - JD"

Why should I be unbanned / unmuted: The reason for my mute is vague with no direct evidence and no specified incident, comes off as very biased and I'd like to see evidence if there is any. My main question is if I've broken so many rules why was I never muted at the times of the individual offenses? It seems extremely biased to me that a string of alleged offenses were seemly collected with no warnings given at the time and no enforcement given at the time. Why collect a string of alleged offenses and enforce all of them at once, just seems like you've gone above and beyond to personally find as many reasons to give me an excessively long mute. If I've been "constantly racist" why not mute me for racism at the time of the alleged offenses like you would do with everyone else, why am I exempt from enforcement till it suits you to stack me with a 2 week mute? This seems extremely biased.

Why do I believe I should be unmuted?
I can't really give a reason beyond a vague appeal because I don't have any direct evidence I can refute and it seems like the offenses have stacked up over time meaning I can't really upload the past month of gameplay to prove my innocence. What I will say is over the past 8 months I've been one of the most active players on the server (close to 700 hours on Noob Surf according to battlemetrics). Over the past 8 months I've had a grand total of 6 mutes, only 2 of those mutes were actually legitimate (one being a 1 minute joke mute and the other 3 being directly related to an incident detailed here https://killzone.gg/forum/forums/topic/9593-skill-romes-unban-appeal/ where I was unbanned and unmuted and my name was cleared). For someone with so many hours in the past 8 months and only 2 mutes I believe a 2 week mute is extremely excessive.

I'm an extremely active server member and the idea I'd be "intentionally breaking rules" is just stupid to me. I know the rules very well and I think a better sentence to describe my gameplay on the server would be "intentionally avoiding rule breaking" because the last thing I want is mutes against me tainting my reputation or restricting my ability to enjoy the sever.

Do you have an evidence that may prove your case: NO, 

• Bot

Hi Rome,

A member of the Management Team will look in to your Unmute / Unban Appeal.

In the mean time please wait for a response from someone on the team.

The Unmute / Unban Appeal process usually takes 1 week.

DO NOT try to bump this post and / or harass a member of the staff team to have a look at your application.

- Killzone Gaming Management

Hi rome,
You were warned multiple times by me for targeted bullying and racism.
You were asked to change the topic multiple times.
You were mic spamming music and basically told me you didnt care that it was against the rules
infact a lot of these when warned you told me you didnt care, that you "like to live dangerously"
You had plenty of oportunities to change your tone and stop your behaviours.
I have video evidence of your toxic behaviour and the admins/mangers know that i will happily show them if needed.
I went to mute you - for 2 hours btw - because you caused a scene before logging off the other night, you were deliberatly toxic and then instantly logged off to evade any punishment for it.
I let someone know that i wanted to mute you still and because of your history you got slapped with a 2 weeks.

AND THEN
after the fact you say stuff like this

https://i.gyazo.com/86700989c463b6bbeb2a1cc5f720906f.png
https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/aeb75bd870f88fb81058a7488752444a-png.jpg

You dont learn rome.
Take your mute and actually learn from this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~🤍~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JD

Skill surf Manager 
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/JDqt72/
Discord: Jd#1037
 Skill surf rules (click me) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~🤍~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 minute ago, JDee said:

Hi rome,
You were warned multiple times by me for targeted bullying and racism.
You were asked to change the topic multiple times.
You were mic spamming music and basically told me you didnt care that it was against the rules
infact a lot of these when warned you told me you didnt care, that you "like to live dangerously"
You had plenty of oportunities to change your tone and stop your behaviours.
I have video evidence of your toxic behaviour and the admins/mangers know that i will happily show them if needed.
I went to mute you - for 2 hours btw - because you caused a scene before logging off the other night, you were deliberatly toxic and then instantly logged off to evade any punishment for it.
I let someone know that i wanted to mute you still and because of your history you got slapped with a 2 weeks.

AND THEN
after the fact you say stuff like this

https://i.gyazo.com/86700989c463b6bbeb2a1cc5f720906f.png
https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/aeb75bd870f88fb81058a7488752444a-png.jpg

You dont learn rome.
Take your mute and actually learn from this one.

I'd cop a 1 week mute and learn from it but 2 weeks is just excessive and only serves to reinforce my belief of bias. My mute history if you read into it and know the actual context isn't as bad as it looks which is why I made a point of outlining the lack of legitimate mutes / precedent for a longer mute in my appeal. Excessive punishment only serves to hinder rehabilitation.

I've had plenty of chances to change my behavior the same way you've had plenty of opportunities to mute me in the past but you waited to stack the offenses.

Also: I've seen staff members banned on this server before for leaking private conversations. If someone is willing to snitch on one person and leak private conversations they'll do it to another and probably your own staff team. I've had private conversations with staff members that would get them banned, but I'm not a snitch so I'm not going to drop sceenshots or evidence. Comments made in private, in good faith to friends outside of the server are not valid evidence for in server bans. As for the other night, I logged off and literally said I was about to log off for the night for about a minute so I had no clue I was evading punishment because I figured the topic had ended. I dropped the topic as I was told, I logged off before things got heated. I know the rules, and I know the rules well enough to avoid breaking them directly so in a sense I know where the line is drawn and I do  "like to live dangerously". Like I said, I intentionally avoid rule breaking and I know the rules very well which is why I know that my maximum mute should be 1 week not 2 weeks.

After reviewing only part of the evidence I can understand why you were muted for said period.  There was clear racism (even if was in the form of a joke it is still deemed racist). Not only this there was clear harassments towards player(s) and staff alike in which you indirectly told them to "change or they will kill themselves". After receiving many warnings from JD it was clear that you ignored all of them and continued with your remarks. (this being only little of what happened)

After reviewing the evidence I will be denying your appeal and also adding a 2 week gag onto your original punishment as to stop any form of harassment in chat. After the said punishment expires I hope to see a change in how you act towards players and staff. Any harassment in our servers is not tolerated and will result in a further punishment.  Any form of evading will also lead to an extended punishment. I hope you understand the extent of your actions and learn from it in the future.

Regards, Kora

︵‿︵‿୨  Steam  ୧‿︵‿︵

˜”*°•.˜”*°• Senior Admin •°*”˜.•°*”˜

‧͙⁺˚*・༓   Discord: xkora   ༓・*˚⁺‧͙

• Bot

Hi,

We are sorry to inform you that this UNBAN / UNMUTE APPEAL has been denied.

if you have enquiry's about the judgement of this APPEAL please do not hesistate to get in touch with a member of the Senior Staff Team ( one of the following; Head Administrator, Manager, Community Director, Management).

DENIED.

- Killzone Gaming Management