SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

may have an idea to combat repetitive maps

kin37ik - 浪人

ok, so allow me to explain.

i have an idea that may be able to combat this issue of repetitive maps.

being a player that plays on the server as often as i have been over the last week, undoubtedly, kitsune is a nuiscance, its very easy now, indeed, many other players have expressed are starting to feel in the same boat so to speak, this is also the same for a few other maps as well.

so i sat back and i had a think "is there a way that can appease both crowds?" and then it hit me, i think thats possible.

so my idea is this, we all know when a map is played it cannot be voted for again for the next couple of map changes and it also does not appear in map votes when the timer gets low, of which it allows voting on a recently played map after say 2 or 3 map changes right??
why not extend that to say an extra 2 or 3 map rotations, the thing i can see from this is people will still get to play kitsune, but then a wider variety of maps are getting played instead of the same 6 or so every hour, SourceMod is a very flexible system so i do not see it being a hard thing to change.

by all means, this is just an idea, so take it as you wish, but the idea came to me, thought it could prove useful, cheers!

• 5 weeks later...

Currently their are many tier 1-3's being tested for the server, with all the new maps being added an idea like this would be quite sufficient, or something similar

Drinking Lean And Making Memes

-Skill Surf Admin

-Combat Surf Admin

Feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198242059170/

'Harry' wrote:
Currently their are many tier 1-3's being tested for the server, with all the new maps being added an idea like this would be quite sufficient, or something similar

indeed, and quite easy to do with the ckSurf plugin, or SM, which ever is most convenient

The current setting was to exclude 5 of the past maps from the vote. I have changed this to 7, let me know if you want it even higher. Hopefully can add another 100 maps in the next few days as well. Thanks @kin37ik and @Harry

• 1 month later...

after playing the new maps on the server over the last couple of weeks, i am starting to notice a trend of people just playing the same maps over and over again, we have about 240 maps and half of those have not even been played i would like to suggest changing the previous map exclusion to 10 or perhaps even 15, would anyone else who has been playing on the server agree?

• My Name is Tito locked this topic