SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Rick and Morty Theories

Alpha *OLD*

Howdy, If you have not watched rick and Morty season 2 leave now there will be spoilers.

What do you think is going to happen in the season 3 opening episode, is he going to escape, how is he going to escape, what did he do? 
I'm so hyped atm for season 3 and just finished watching all episodes for like the fifth time and I think this is what's going to happen.

Rick and jerry are still in a simulation, here's a quick read on what I mean.
M. Night Shyam-Aliens! is one of the trippiest episodes of the series, which makes it pretty ripe for interpretation. This is the one where Rick finds himself inside of a Matrix-like simulation on an extraterrestrial spacecraft. The idea being that the aliens want to trick Rick into giving up the formula for the concentrated dark matter. Jerry is there too for basically no reason other than to Jerry it up in a simulation that really only had the capacity for Rick. 
One of the early hints that are never directly called out is Jerry's tuxedo.  Note that, in the initial fake "escape" out of the first dimension, Jerry is still wearing his simulated suit. It's not like he wore a tux to the spaceship, so he shouldn't be wearing it if he had really made it out of the simulation. This turns out to be the case during the "real" escape, as Jerry is left in his tightie-whities when the simulation ends and fake-Morty disappears.
So that's the real world, right? Well, maybe -- and maybe they're still in yet another simulation. See, when Rick and the fake-Morty are running around, they come across this big Matrixy room full of aliens hooked into what looks like a simulation (though at this point, they are still in a simulation). The various shapes of the aliens are a little hard to make out, but we get a good look at one creature in particular.

The same alien appears later in the episode (in yet another simulation), but they actually show up in episode nine. They turn out to be Plutonians, citizens of the totally-not-a-planet Pluto.
As the theory goes, the fact that we're seeing these made-up aliens in the first place -- and the fact that we zoomed in on these aliens in particular -- is a clue that Rick and Jerry are both still in a high-tier simulation. There was no big wedding crash, there was no time stoppage, and Mr Poopy Butthole is indeed not real. It's not the world any of us want to live in, but there it is.  (Credit to Dorkly.com I did not come up with his theory but it is very interesting) thanks for reading share in the comments on what you think.