SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Review of Pepe The Porcupine

rileyfitz

[hr]
These are my thoughts of "Pepe The Porcupine".

Pepe Porcupine is a realistic experience about the tedium and tribulation of a disliked yet expected job coupled with a challenging home relationship.

Pepe Porcupine immediately throws the player into an endearing and well-executed story about our protagonist Pepe. Pepe is sick of his job moving boxes but does it anyway as he has a moral duty to uphold his family legacy and work the night shift at the factory to the best of his ability. Pepe's immediate and all-encompassing love-hate relationship with crate moving is shown through the means of both displeased and cheerful sound effects during the game. Pepe's cheers of "woo-hoo" sent chills down my spine when first I heard them. Likewise, the choir music that sings during every level provides a powerful religious message, perhaps connected to Pepe’s belief in the afterlife and spirits of his dead pearants, who have also moved boxes for a living. Sometimes, Pepe teleports through or around boxes. This and the input lag is most likely an artistic choice, designed to show just how soul-rending this labor can be. However, the drastic volume increase and harsh guitar riff after every level completion brings forward the obvious joy of Pepe when he does a job well. The on-screen vertical layout of movement buttons is a lagless option of ambulation, but still challenging in own demand as the buttons are placed strangely, haphazardly, as if boxes in a warehouse, stretching far up into the rafters. The undo button is Pepe's escape. Im sure he dreams of a new life, a fresh beginning, but determined to fill his family with pride, all he can do is dream of an undo in his own existance. Sometimes during gameplay, Pepe refuses to move for a few seconds. I don't blame Pepe. The physical exertion demonstrated by this anthropomorphic spiny mammal is colossal and endless. The levels are challenging, much like Pepe's life at home. This is demonstrated in-game by the frequent 1080p 60fps cutscenes which paint an eloquent picture of Pepe’s sudden and tear-jerking diverse with his wife of eighteen years. A single child without custody of his child, he turns to alcohol and mild opiates to fill his empty life.

TL;DR
This is an incredibly insightful game filled with challenging puzzles, simple controls, and a riveting story that will keep you on the edge of your seat. The music is haunting and inspiring, and the sound effects sound like real porcupines. Thank you EnsenaSoft for this magical experience.

For a chance to win Pepe the Porcupine, look for Sirtron's code search!

THE_FITZ_Logo_solid-e1395812823774.png

Played the game, its actually better than this review, great game with some mind boggling puzzles +1 should buy + download

some shitter from 2016 who still has trial somehow

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUIqZilXlmU[/video]

This is the reason i get up in the morning.

Stay tuned for my gameplay commentary, it will blow you away.

5135_101.png&key=b46b56d6a110bb30feb65cb76561198064405149.png&key=cd79db14b417bd76561198064405149.png&key=77b2b9d9d9da09graphic.png&key=abdd4fbbb688120b538163e5

I must say @rileyfitz that I really thought this was a troll post when I first read it. I thought to myself, there's no way that Pepe the Porcupine is going to be a good game, and there's no way that it could have a decent story. That was until I downloaded it. I must say, I was blown away. Your review has captured the true essence of Pepe and his struggles of everyday life, but not only has it given justice to the character, it gave the story life. I first watched the trailer by @Sirtron and was blown away at the crisp textures and well designed animations. The boxes were almost life like. I couldn't get enough. It's safe to say I downloaded this amazing game, no, Story of Pepe the Porcupine and.....got keylogged, lost my skins and got a VAC ban. Thanks dude.

10/10, would play again.