SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Coaching Channel

Elemental Elite *OLD*

Hello evetyome, this I just a quick post asking if we could get a channel made in the teamspeak for people who need help on surfing. I am making this post because I have had many instances where I am trying to help people learn to surf or just helping them out on a map. Only to have someone start getting angry and trying at me saying I am mic spaming. I think this would just help to stop these situations. 

I gotta have an input on this. There should be no need for a specific channel just to teach surfing, I understand its nice and its there if people want to but the complaints are completely ridiculous. Teaching someone new to surf is not mic spamming. Having a general conversation with several surfers is also not mic spamming as these complaints have come up. I am certain that having a conversation with someone is not considered mic spamming so why should having a specific topic in the conversation be any different..

LOL who are you?
Noone was telling him it was a bad thing to help people on the server. The issue was that he was on the mic 24/7 map after map after map.
After Elemental join's the server, the conversation in the server dies, noones laughing, noones joking with each other, the banter disappears and the server begins to get non-enjoyable very very quickly for many people.

After this continous repetiveness he gets asked NICELY and VERY POLITELY if it would be possible to take the people he is helping into teamspeak so that he isn't on the mic 24/7.
Immediately Elemental rolls out of the wrong side of bed and begin's verbally abusing. (This has been witnessed by mutiple admins & has denied doing it to other admins faces). And because he's flared up, the little kid's he is helping think it's okay to talk to people like that on the server and they flare up to, creating cancer on the server so the entire sever has to be muted.

It was a simple solution for the sanity of the regulars in the server,
Muting them wouldn't of helpped as everyone would of been stepping over everyone and would of caused frustration for both sides and other bystanding players in the server that would eventually just mute the entire server.
And it was a good way to get Elemental involved in the community and everyone he was helping by introducing them to teamspeak, then they could help each other till their heart is content.

When your on the mic for that long it is spamming the mic, it's no different to someone singing the same song over and over again on the mic.

Elemental just likes to make things look melodramatic for a "woe is me effect".

But hey, welcome to the community Elemental, maybe next time you won't be an Ahole when a regular makes a resonable suggestion.

;) Have a good Day xx

OHq987s.png
raven_zpshgjug7tl.png

I personlly prefer to speak when helping someone over the server just in case someone else needs help but is to shy to ask. Gives everyone a lil helping hand

Nothing's wrong with that Bin, and is commendable when people do.

But the issue is that it's 24/7 when he comes into the server and is a whole different level of spamming the mic:

Element enters the server....
"Does anyone need help on any of the levels"
"who needs help on stage 1" "instructions and help lines are inserted here of continuous talking"
"whos next (repeat occurs) whos next (repeat occurs) whos next (repeat occurs)"
"who needs help on stage 2" "instructions and help lines are inserted here of continuous talking"
"who needs help on stage 3" "instructions and help lines are inserted here of continuous talking"

ect... ect... ect...

OHq987s.png
raven_zpshgjug7tl.png

I'm sorry but that is a very weighted view you have there @SuGaR!, i never repeatedly ask people if they need help, what i do on the other hand is surf minding my own business and when someone needs help i help them, after that other people ask for help so i help them do, but i do not just spam the mic again and again asking people if they need help, because i too also what to get better at surfing. Now onto your first reply, you first bring up a point that isn't even valid because nowhere in any comment on here has anyone said anything about helping people being bad or good except you. Then you go onto saying that you have asked me nicely and politely to stop helping people and when you have done that i have been quiet for awhile. However there are times where you have been not so nice in the way you ask and it's those times where i get a little bit more flared up. You have also stated that i "Begin verbally abusing" people which i'll admit has happened but i have never verbally abused someone for asking me to stop talking and if you where to recall the time you are talking about i was nice to you and said ok i'll sort it out soon, however the people i was helping did get flared up and started abusing you. And that i can not be held accountable for. Also you state you are a regular which i can't say you aren't because you are here regularly however lately, i have also been on here regularly (Between 6-10 hours a day, whenever i can). And for my last observation i have also seen that ever time you talk on the surf server you get told to please be quiet from usually like 2-3 people which in my eyes means you like to start a lot of "beef" with things and people. Lastly you state that when i enter the sever all fun and laughing stops that is blatantly untrue, every time i join everyone is basically always laughing and having a good time and i'm sorry if that can't be said for you.

Sincerely -Elemental

now now, settle down.

ive been present several times this has happend, quite honestly, i can see both sides of the fence from both perspectives.

on one hand its great that elemental is helping people with surfing and improving their skill on the server, a really great thing, however, i can also see that due to constant use of the mic it is very difficult for other people to start or carry a conversation or banter ect with each other and so they may find this frustrating, i have not done anything about this as to be quite honest i dont know how i can handle this effectively in such a manner that wont upset one party or the other, or indeed upset both parties, a solution needs to be found that is a happy medium for all.

with that being said, i have been disapointed in the server since it was brought up twice, sugar did ask nicely if there was a possibility that they could move to a teamspeak or a discord channel, other players jump into it with hostility which isnt needed, telling someone to "fuck off" and "kys" among other things just for asking a question nicely is not on in my opinion, since people wouldnt calm down i muted the entire server for 10 minutes to cool off.

now like i stated before, i can totally see where both sides are coming from, ultimately, i cant make a decision from both of these things since i want something that is going to work for everyone, higher up admins are aware of this, as such im going to leave it to them, i wont tolerate abuse though, people gotta respect one another, its a shared space (in digital form) so to speak.

if you teach surf, you should at least be a surf god :/

Drinking Lean And Making Memes

-Skill Surf Admin

-Combat Surf Admin

Feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198242059170/

I gotta +1 the above comment tbh. lol

and it only got toxic and people having a go at sugar because she told elemental that he was mic spamming.. Thats not mic spamming if thats considered mic spamming then so is having a general conversation. Yes the laughing stopped because then people wanted to learn. Also Sugar you are not a regular.. you come on barely ive seen you twice in the past two weeks and im on almost every single day, if you dont want to hear him then please by all means mute him like a lot of us suggested. If people are willing to learn from him and want to learn then let him teach you dont have the right to tell him to be quiet when you talk maybe once in a single map rotation.

• My Name is Tito locked this topic