SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

TheRealJonnyBoy's Unmute Appeal

TheRealJonnyBoy

Your ingame Name: TheRealJonnyBoy

Server you were banned / muted on?: Easy Surf

Your Steam ID: STEAM_STEAM_0:0:58101982

Date / Time of Ban: 6/12/17 22:29:06

Admin that banned or muted (if known): Unknown

Reason for ban (if known): There was absolutely no reason given for the mute. I was though singing through the microphone not annoying people.

Why I should be unbanned / unmuted: Because a lot of other people play and sing on the server like me. To name a few: GuitarJoJo, Music Mike, AZNStyles. I deserve to be unmuted because I was not warned to stop and the length of the ban is way too long.

14 hours ago, TheRealJonnyBoy said:

Reason for ban (if known): There was absolutely no reason given for the mute. I was though singing through the microphone not annoying people.

Singing through the microphone is no reason to give a mute? Singing through the microphone is a form of mic spam therefore a reason to give a mute.

Edited by Ec1ipse

2 hours ago, Ec1ipse said:

Singing through the microphone is no reason to give a mute? Singing through the microphone is a form of mic spam therefore a reason to give a mute.

WHAT about azn? He always sings while there is plenty off staff on and they don't mute him

I've been playing Easy Surf while people have been rapping / singing before meanwhile staff were present. However, no mute was issued. 

+rep Even if we was muted for singing, 4 months is a fucking long time. Everyone sings and it's normally not bad.

tenor.gif?itemid=7346398

giphy (1).gif

From what I heard, other admins and I were getting messaged by numerous people asking for us to come on and mute 2 people who were mic spamming for continuous maps. I believe Barchy (Hero Kenzan) joined and asked multiple times for you to stop which you did not, he also said to me that maybe 4 months was a bit much, but you have previously been known for mic spamming on previous occasion. I don't mind if your mute length gets changed but I still believe you should be muted

Drinking Lean And Making Memes

-Skill Surf Admin

-Combat Surf Admin

Feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198242059170/

I was on the server at the time and a mute was absolutely necessary at this point. I would say the mute was far too harsh however. He did ignore multiple requests by multiple people to stop though, so maybe that had a factor on the final ban.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

From what I heard, other admins and I were getting messaged by numerous people asking for us to come on and mute 2 people who were mic spamming for continuous maps. I believe Barchy (Hero Kenzan) joined and asked multiple times for you to stop which you did not, he also said to me that maybe 4 months was a bit much, but you have previously been known for mic spamming on previous occasion. I don't mind if your mute length gets changed but I still believe you should be muted

Pretty accurate.

The second I came online on steam i was messaged by four people that there had been ear rape for over one map change. When I joined I asked if there had been a music vote, to which multiple people said no; and were quick to say the two had been mic spamming for over half an hour now.  I asked them both to stop multiple times to which they ignored right up until one of them was muted.

I will admit the mute was too long as I put in one too many 4's but I was typing rather quickly as it everyone was complaining and these two would not stop the mic spam.

P.S I wouldn't call "shouting over ear rape" singing.

Yes, I was singing a song however I do recall a person mic spamming at the same time I was singing, saying "And they don't stop coming ng" over and over again. They must have thought that I was mic spamming due to the other guy micspamming predominantly over me. I was singing a mashup with green day. There should have been a music vote. However, I can never recall the admin asking me to stop through mic, was it chat? I am not sure about chat either though...

2 hours ago, TheRealJonnyBoy said:

Yes, I was singing a song however I do recall a person mic spamming at the same time I was singing, saying "And they don't stop coming ng" over and over again. They must have thought that I was mic spamming due to the other guy micspamming predominantly over me. I was singing a mashup with green day. There should have been a music vote. However, I can never recall the admin asking me to stop through mic, was it chat? I am not sure about chat either though...

It doesn't matter if someone else was doing it. Take responsibility for your actions, say sorry and move on. This is an unban appeal for you, not a ban request for the others. If you are so quick to blame the others for doing it, why didn't you make a ban request for them?

2jz1fkoweayz.png

Accepted.

Just know that singing through your mic is still considered mic spamming especially if there is no music vote. Therefore, your mute will be reduced to 3 days. 

closed.

0lzHluV.png

• GimmeYoFries locked this topic