SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

My Asian English skills!

Kwala

There was nothing blocking the thick rays of the sun from glaring straight into my eyes, forcing me to squint as I raced up the hill. Every step was a struggle and I had to swing my chubby arms to get as much momentum I could every step. The hill almost seemed to go on forever and I was on the verge of fainting for every step that I took.
The small cotton shirt that I wore stuck onto me like glue and my socks felt stick to my feet. But I didn’t give up as I knew the distance between me and the boys ahead would only grow. I would never admit defeat until I saw all the boys there without me. The thick Italian air fed my exhaustion but the cool breeze rustled through my thick tangled hair ever small step I took.
However, every hard breath made me question why I even played with these mean boys. Why did Skull always have to pick on me? I was just a girl and was nowhere near as athletic compared to the others. Therefore, I was usually the one to do the forfeit, every, single, time. The simple thought sent dreaded shivers down my spine and the blood inside me boil but inside I knew I was powerless. Skull was power, I was nothing.
But this time, it could be different, I witnessed Michelle running back to his injured sister and this could be the chance for me to finally not do the forfeit. This time it would be Michelle’s turn. I imagined my victory thrice as I struggled up the hill. But the simple thought created a drive and loaded me with renewed energy.
By the time the farmhouse had come into view, I was more than tired and my undergarments were terribly drenched and had a miserable odour. But there was something different to this view, there weren’t 4 shadows, there were only three, Michelle was not there. I quickly bounded towards them as by feet squelched inside my battered old shoes.
There was Salvatore, Remo and Skull, but no Michelle. I nearly wanted to laugh right at Skull.
I approached him carefully and tried to force every word into Skull’s folded ears. I wanted him to remember this.
“Seems like I’m not last,” I arrogantly stated.
Beads of sweat dripped down from my face and I knew I looked as well as smelt like an absolute wreck but I didn’t care at all.
“I don’t have to take the forfeit,” I muttered as if Skull couldn’t understand the words that I was protruding.
I looked around to see the others excited but all I received were blanker faces than my mother’s chopping board. This slightly annoyed me but I retained my enthusiasm.
Skull slowly turned around and I started to see a small grin forming on his face. I had truly seen it too many times.
“No you still have to take the forfeit,” Skull slowly exclaimed, he didn’t seem to be dazed at all.
I wanted to run up and punch Skull right in his head but I knew I never would. I was absolutely furious and when Michelle appeared, it was the final straw. I ran up to him and literally screamed in his ear.
“You’ve got to do it. You came last. You lost!” The words literally came spitting out of my mouth.
“I went back. Otherwise I’d have been third. You know that,” Michelle replied.
I was absolutely furious, I had finally won and I wouldn’t let anybody take it away from me.
“Who’s got to do the forfeit?” Michelle curiously asked.
My toes grinded on the outskirts of my shoe and I rolled back my toes, not wanting to hear his answer. If I had lost, I would lose it. It wasn’t fair. I had won the race. I stammered my leg on the ground as we both waited for his decisive answer. He didn’t say it very fast when he paused, turned to me and pointed to me. I had lost again.
“See? See?” stammered Michelle.
The word furious couldn’t even come close to describing the state of anger I was in. I gritted my teeth and clenched by fists together as tight as I could. It was almost comical.
“It’s not fair! It’s not fair! Always me! Why’s it always me?”
A++

NksF4lc.png