SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

My new map am_jaggo

Jaggo

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1276473472

Kinda my first map, my actual first map took me 10 minutes and is shit but whatever, this map took me around 3-10 hours or something.. feedback would be appreciated <3 

Resigned KZG Staff Member (1 year boiiiis)

Skyprah's Sidekick
 Nyalon's bitch
Best Polish Scoutz Player
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kichia/ <-- My account 

unknown.png

Just some suggestions and notes from messing around on it by myself and some bots.  The best criticism and feedback will come from actual gameplay between players so take this with a grain of salt.

• I'm not too sure the reasoning for the airconditioning unit in the middle of the map (on the wall) and the switchbox (?) in the CT spawn. Both feel out of place.
  • I feel like ladders should be present on both sides in the spawns.
  • Overall it is very cramped. Expanding the map wouldn't be a bad idea.
    • Create a larger distance between both spawns
    • Expand horizontally to allow for players to flank and 'escape' their spawns
    • If you wish to implement the ladders and the walkway into gameplay, place walls on those walkways (probably half the player models height)
    • Slightly reduce the size of the pillars in the centre of the map.
    • Instead of a large cube in the centre of the map, try placing boxes in a diamond or 'x' pattern

It is a good foundation for a map and an excellent start for your second map.

19 hours ago, Winged_Raven said:

Just some suggestions and notes from messing around on it by myself and some bots.  The best criticism and feedback will come from actual gameplay between players so take this with a grain of salt.

• I'm not too sure the reasoning for the airconditioning unit in the middle of the map (on the wall) and the switchbox (?) in the CT spawn. Both feel out of place.
  • I feel like ladders should be present on both sides in the spawns.
  • Overall it is very cramped. Expanding the map wouldn't be a bad idea.
    • Create a larger distance between both spawns
    • Expand horizontally to allow for players to flank and 'escape' their spawns
    • If you wish to implement the ladders and the walkway into gameplay, place walls on those walkways (probably half the player models height)
    • Slightly reduce the size of the pillars in the centre of the map.
    • Instead of a large cube in the centre of the map, try placing boxes in a diamond or 'x' pattern

It is a good foundation for a map and an excellent start for your second map.

Cheers, i'll work on another version and expanding the map, as well as trying to replace those props, main reason I had the switchbox I believe it is was to jump up onto the ledge... ill try replace it with something better. I'll downsize the pillars and try out some different props for the middle. Thanks! 

*edit* I tried expanding it horizontally and it just created issues and made shit harder. I'll still try and do it but it will take longer :P

Resigned KZG Staff Member (1 year boiiiis)

Skyprah's Sidekick
 Nyalon's bitch
Best Polish Scoutz Player
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kichia/ <-- My account 

unknown.png