SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

What's It Like Being An Admin

Squizzy

Hello KZG Community
My name is Squizzy and i'm a Jailbreak admin. I have been for over a month and have been enjoying this experience greatly.
I am going to be talking to you all on what its like being an admin and what I believe you should do if you wish to become one.

What's it like being an admin? Being an admin has really told me who I want to be and what I am currently as a person. I have learnt how to control a community and give them a leader. It has been a heck of a ride with ups and downs but we all have to learn. As an admin you need to be respectful to all and never let a voice be unheard, being an admin isn't all fun and games but it's still something that I am happy to be part of everyday. It has also taught me to never take anyone or anything for granted and I am truly thankful to @"skyPRAh"  and @"ThrasheR" for giving me this job as an admin. 

What you should do if you consider being an admin / moderator.

First, learn the community. I know this might sound abit strange but stick with me. I have been with KZG for nearly 3 months and for a whole month I tried to learn everyone's name, the server they play on, their friends ect. I did this so I got a greater understanding of everyone around me and how I could assist them. I also made alot of friends along the way of which I am truly grateful for. Some of the best ways I believe you can learn the community is by jumping on our Teamspeak servers. Everyone on there loves to chat about anything and everything and is one of the easiest way to learn and become friends with people.

Second, learn the admins / moderators. Just like the learning the community except these people are in charge. We (admins / moderators) all love to talk to new and old members and are always ready to help. We strive to be the best people we can be and are all growing from experience. Here a some people that I would recommend you talk to, feel free to ask them questions and become friends with them (Just don't be annoying).
@"Acid" - Acid is a senior admin and is one of the nicest and easiest people to talk to. He is always up for a laugh but when necessary can solve a problem straight away. He set's us up with the occasional tiny chat so we can all talk and see each others faces. He was one of the first admins I looked up to and strive to be.
@"Sorrow" - Sorrow is probaly one of our most devoted and serious admins, if you have a problem he is the person you want to be solving it for you. Although he comes across as this serious character underneath he is a warm heart (Although hard to see) and is always someone you can talk to.
@"Kwala" - Kwala is the community's most underestimated and underappreciated senior admins. He is the brains of KZG and has set up this very website for us all to use and share our idea's. If you have a question or a problem with the forums he is the man to see. Thankyou Kwala for allowing the KZG community to express their ideas through these forums
@"ThrasheR" - ThrasheR is a very kind person. Although he sounds like his voice could eat you, he is a very funny and happy person. (Just make sure to Shisha after) ThrasheR is the person that if you feel that something serious is about to happen or has happen is the guy to talk to, he will always make sure that at the end of the day that everyone possible is 100%
Now there are many other admins / moderators of which you should talk to and add them on steam. I would highly recommend you to talk to them incase of a problem or you would like to just talk to incase the others listed above are busy or not around.

Third, play on the server you wish to be admin on. It's pretty straight forward, if you want to be an admin / moderator on a server you enjoy. Then play on it and have fun, become good at the gamemode. This doesn't mean you always play on it, make sure to have your priority's straight. Homework and outside social life is important so don't let our addicting servers take over.

Thankyou all for reading and hopefully you have taken something from this. Good Luck to all that would like to be admin / moderator, it is ok to fail but we learn from a mistakes. I would love if other admins / mods down below post what's it like for them being an admin / mod and any other tips they could give for people wishing to apply for an admin / moderator role.

Thanks Squizzy

giphy.gif.b411e519453f91ba7d87d0ba38a9bdb6.gif

Haha I wondered what this was. The Alert plugin doesn't filter out drafts so it kept saying I got mentioned in this thread. I love that you're having a great time being involved in a revolutionary gaming community. Killzone is GOING to the biggest CSGO community for sure.

Lets bring the boys along for a great adventure that we have merely just started.

NksF4lc.png

Like what thrasher said well written thread and the best thread towards people who wants to know being an admin is like or wanting to become an admin good job Squizzy!!!

@"Squizzy" Well written for a WA bloke that was fighting 100 ping. @"Kwala" I was told you are the man for the forums, how do I make a post? this is very important please report back at your earliest time.

In all seriousness, I dont know of any admin that isn't willing to talk to a new member of the community trust me we only bite a little bit.

5135_101.png&key=b46b56d6a110bb30feb65cb76561198064405149.png&key=cd79db14b417bd76561198064405149.png&key=77b2b9d9d9da09graphic.png&key=abdd4fbbb688120b538163e5

Wow, Man thats some good advice. A lot of effort put into this thread thanks for the advice man. Hope i can see you on one day and come say hola to you :).

tumblr_nnv0638c7q1qdzky1o1_500.gif
Good Vibes -JVilL-Scout God    

WWW.killzonegaming.com  

this is a very thorough input from one of our staff to any member of KZG considering a staff role here at KZG take these note very seriously as these people help the Owner/ @"skyPRAh" a lot more than your standard server admin and are entrusted with Senior roles i have nothing but respect for all our staff and these people above this has shown everyone what its like to be an admin and has truly shown your commitment i do not show a lot of love on post but i always will when i see fit @"Squizzy" pleasure to work along side such a dedicated and well worded member of KZG

Dope.

Untitled-1_zpswnwt5jau.jpg